FORUMS: list search recent posts

AVID MXF hang during "preparing media"

COW Forums : PluralEyes

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Lyon
AVID MXF hang during "preparing media"
on Aug 27, 2014 at 1:39:30 pm

Hey all,

I opened a support ticket with Red Giant about this issue, but so far they haven't come up with a solution. I'm hoping someone here has!

Using Avid MC 5.5.3 with Pluraleyes 3.5. The media is DNxHD mxf 145 + 24 bit 5 track wav files. Windows 7.

I follow all the steps outlined in the PluralEyes manual and tutorials. Once I import my AAF into Pluraleyes, it successfully processes the WAV files first, but then hangs indefinitely on the MXF media. I've tried large and small projects. The media was created using Resolve lite.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Matt Lyon
Editor
Toronto

Return to posts index

Matt Lyon
Re: AVID MXF hang during "preparing media"
on Sep 8, 2014 at 8:32:10 pm

If anyone is interested, Red Giant looked into the issue and confirmed that media generated via Resolve is not currently supported. The workaround is to consolidate/transcode the already imported footage, and then run PluralEyes with the converted media.

Matt Lyon
Editor
Toronto

Return to posts index

Graham Withers
on Sep 17, 2014 at 11:33:27 pm

Hey Matt - I've been having the same problem with AMA footage from Avid MC8. Been trying again with transcoded media but so far I'm having the same issue... Any thoughts from your adventures?

Return to posts index

Matt Lyon
on Sep 18, 2014 at 2:31:40 am

The only other tip I got from Red Giant was to make sure the folder I'd set for PluralEyes to use for temp storage was not the same as the media folder, and that I had full read/write permissions in that folder. But otherwise, the transcoding did the trick. Red Giant support was actually pretty helpful, I sent them the error log and they had an answer for me in a few days. Have you tried calling them?

HTH,
-Matt

Matt Lyon
Editor
Toronto

Return to posts index

Graham Withers
on Sep 18, 2014 at 4:40:11 pm

Matt - seems transcoding has in fact solved the hang up issue.

The results from the sync were a little mixed as the two camera shoot was mostly a couple of interviews but down the timeline included broll where the cameras were shooting different stuff. Not the cleanest timeline after the sync... But super solid on the sections of the card where it was more straight forward.

I'm thinking I've got some workflow adjusting ahead of me. Thx for the reply!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]