FORUMS: list search recent posts

PluralEyes not recognizing FCP Projects

COW Forums : PluralEyes

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ian Forster
PluralEyes not recognizing FCP Projects
on Sep 17, 2013 at 11:01:07 pm

Hello,

We have used PluralEyes 3 for a few months with FCP7 (and Media Composer) without issue. But as of today it does not recognize any open FCP project. It knows that FCP is open because in the pull down where the projects are usually listed, it says "" instead of "" Needless to say, it never "gets" the open project. I tried opening PluralEyes on three different FCP machines and the same issue keeps happening. I tried opening other FCP projects and loading them into PluralEyes and the issue persisted despite having synced sequences in those projects a few weeks ago.

When I click the "refresh" button, I receive this message: "*** -[__NSCFString substringToIndex:]: Range or index out of bounds"

As an alternative, I was able to export the FCP sequence XML, import it into PluralEyes and sync my clips. But when I tried to export the synced XML it failed even though I didn't ask for it to automatically import it into FCP. The error message demanded that I open the project directly into FCP which as I just described, PluralEyes is refusing to do. So the workaround ended up being a dead end.

I also just updated PluralEyes with no success.

If you're able to provide advice or point me to a thread with a similar question, it would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Ian

Return to posts index

Andrew Gould
Re: PluralEyes not recognizing FCP Projects
on Nov 5, 2013 at 1:21:38 pm

Hi Ian,

I am having the identical problem. Pluraleyes was working fine for weeks and then suddenly this problem occurred. Have you found a solution yet? I am dire straights here.

Thanks,

Andrew

Return to posts index

Ian Forster
Re: PluralEyes not recognizing FCP Projects
on Nov 5, 2013 at 3:44:31 pm

Hi Andrew,

I never really figured out the cause of the problem but my workaround was to copy the sequences I wanted to sync into a new, temporary project. I had to quit out of the main project in order for PluralEyes to recognize the new one. Then once the sequences are synced, I just copied them back over. Still not sure why it doesn't like my original project...

- Ian

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]