FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem with Interpreted footage in Pluraleyes/Premiere CS6

COW Forums : PluralEyes

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Frerking
Problem with Interpreted footage in Pluraleyes/Premiere CS6
on Jul 23, 2013 at 7:28:22 pm

Hello, world!

I filmed a music video using a couple different frame rates. My end product will be 23.976, but I filmed a majority of the footage in 29.97.

I filmed in two frame rates to add some drama in the motion and performance. The performances that were shot in 30p were filmed to a sped-up audio track that, when interpreted in Premiere at 24p, syncs exactly to the original audio track but is visually a little slower.

I have something like 28 takes of performance in 30p and another 14 in 24p. When importing into Premiere CS6, I reinterpreted the 30p to 23.976. I created a timeline for my performance with both frame rates included, but the 30p now at 24p so that, I assumed, Pluraleyes could match them all up to the main audio track. I assumed wrong.

Pluraleyes synced the footage that was shot in 24 to the audio track, but the clips that were originally 30 were reverted back to 30 by the application. I tried again using only the 30, but once again Pluraleyes reverted them to their original framerate instead of keeping them at 24. I get it, I just don't like it.

I tried to get around it taking the synced 30p footage, highlighting just those clips in the media bin, and interpreting them to 24p after they were synced, but in doing so, the clips go out of sync again.

Note: this is in Pluraleyes 2... I have 3, but it keeps giving me an error about "The given key was not present in the dictionary." I wasn't sure if it was because of the different frame rates or if it's something else. This is the first time I've tried to use 3 since upgrading.

Any thoughts, tips, or tricks? I really don't want to interpret, export, and re-import 28 tracks. It would probably be just as quick for me to sync them manually.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Kuhnen Brown
Re: Problem with Interpreted footage in Pluraleyes/Premiere CS6
on Aug 13, 2013 at 4:54:52 am

Did you slate all your takes? Piece of cake to manual sync. Plural Eyes likes consistant frames rates.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]