FORUMS: list search recent posts

New to PluralEyes / use w/ Vegas Pro 11

COW Forums : PluralEyes

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Casey J Porter
New to PluralEyes / use w/ Vegas Pro 11
on Apr 16, 2013 at 7:16:34 pm

I am currently editing a feature length project on Sony Vegas Pro 11 with footage shot on a 5d mkiii and a 60d. They recorded audio through a Beachtek device that recorded directly to the card on the 5d. The used the 60d for close-ups and for sound the kept the 5d rolling and recorded sound that way. There was no slate used for the film, no timecode, and the time on the two cameras is always roughly two hours apart. Also the 5d and 60d takes are not always in order. They might shoot a couple of close-up takes, then do a 5d only shot like a master, then go back to shooting close-ups. So take 1, 2, 3 from the 5d may not always be related to take 1, 2, 3 on the 60d. While the files are in folders by scene number the name of the files from both cameras remain the same as they did from the camera.

On my own projects I always slate, take notes, etc etc but I was not involved with the shooting on this film. As the edit goes along and more and more close-ups were shot on the 60d syncing up audio becomes a problem. I’ve never used PluralEyes before and I’m curious how it will perform given the issues listed above? I do not currently own a copy at this time. Thank you for any help you can provide.

Casey

Return to posts index

Karl Walter Keirstead
Re: New to PluralEyes / use w/ Vegas Pro 11
on May 2, 2013 at 2:10:08 am

Hi, I would very much like to hear your experience>. I use Sony Vegas 12, I had heard about Plural Eyes but figured it would only run on Mac.

I use a Tascam DR100 Mk II - it would save me a lot of time if I could synch with the audio recorded on this device.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]