FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 7 and PluralEyes not Syncing

COW Forums : PluralEyes

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Berch
FCP 7 and PluralEyes not Syncing
on Mar 1, 2013 at 11:23:24 pm

I am editing a wedding.

This was a 2 camera shoot. There was a Cameraman on the ground shooting the ceremony while a Camera on the balcony of the church was recording the Audio from the Microphone that was attached to the groom.

The cameraman on the ground stopped and started his camera a number of times during the ceremony while the camera in the balcony was running the entire time.

The camerman paused his camera a number of times while the ceremony was going on. (mostly when there was a song playing and nothing was happening)

I went to use Pluraleyes to sync the Video from the ground to the Audio shot from the balcony

I have a timeline in FCP 7.

On Video Track 1 and Audio Track 1 & 2 is the video and audio of a church wedding ceremony from a camera man who was shooting it on the ground.

On Audio track 3 & 4 I have the whole church Audio which was attached to the Groom's Microphone. (This camera was in the balcony of the church and recorded the whole ceremony without being touched.)

I opened up Pluraleys 3 and tried to sync them up. It did not work. Why?

Is it because the camera on the ground has cuts in it and the balcony camera did not?

I am confused. I thought Pluraleyes was supposed to sync these things up even if there are cuts in the footage.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Power Mac
10GB RAM
Intel Xein
Final Cut Studio 3
Pluralyes 2 and 3

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
Re: FCP 7 and PluralEyes not Syncing
on Mar 2, 2013 at 3:22:41 am

It's not clear from reading your post, did you load the footage into PluralEyes or FCP?

In order to sync all the cameras up you'll need to load the various cameras and audio into PluralEyes first. Sync in PluralEyes, and then export out a XML file to FCP.

If you are in PluralEyes and it can't sync it may be because it can't decipher the audio cleanly enough to line everything up. I've had it fail to line stuff up occasionally....it's not bulletproof, but it is pretty good. It works far more often than it fails. I think in "Preferences" there's a "Try Harder" or "Try Really Hard" option, which may help in your case.

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
vimeo.com/ryanholmes

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]