FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adding Effects to Video/Images in the timeline?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Freeman
Adding Effects to Video/Images in the timeline?
on Jul 9, 2011 at 5:57:21 pm

First I wanted to say that I can't find any videos on just the basics of FCPX. I have a Lynda account but their vids are available yet. What about basics like the timeline and adding effects?

I'm trying to simply fade in a photo and then fade it out. The only option I see are the 2 dissolves and when I drag that onto the edge of the photo it will only slip into the audio track!

Why isn't this program intuitive like most Apple apps?

Return to posts index

Forrest Burger
Re: Adding Effects to Video/Images in the timeline?
on Jul 9, 2011 at 10:58:05 pm

Have you tried looking at Ripple Training? For $40 they have a pretty good set of tutorials that will get you started with X.

First of all, you should be able to add the photo to the primary storyline, highlight the photo, then hit command+T to create a dissolve at both ends of the photo. If you just want to add a dissolve at the beginning (or end) just click at the end of the photo (it will highlight in yellow) and add your dissolve there.

Here's a couple of other suggestions to fade your photo in and out. Make a secondary storyline and add the dissolves to the photo there. Or, highlight the photo, hit control+V to open up the video animation window and fade the opacity in and out manually.

As far as it being like other Apple apps, it is a very different way of working, but once you get the hang of it it can be very quick.

Forrest

Return to posts index

Nick Freeman
on Jul 10, 2011 at 12:57:21 am

hmmm after highlighting the image the command + T is not working

Return to posts index

Forrest Burger
on Jul 10, 2011 at 5:30:42 am

Is your image on the primary storyline or on a secondary storyline?

Return to posts index

Bruce Tokars
on Jul 10, 2011 at 11:39:15 am

I struggled with this exact issue for almost a full day - it was driving me nuts! I finally found a tutorial (sorry, can't remember where) that solved the mystery.

When you look at the clips in a storyline and highlight the clip, there seems to be the yellow highlight around the clips but just above the clip highlight there is another, dark gray border that when you click on that makes the storyline highlighted. Once you click there you can add transitions.'

I don;t know if this is what is referred to as the primary and secondary storylines but once I stumbled onto that understanding I was actually able to do some editing!

Hope that is some help.

Return to posts index

Ricky Dominguez
on Jul 10, 2011 at 8:48:24 pm

A free Final Cut Pro X Tutorial.

http://www.izzyvideo.com/final-cut-pro-x-tutorial/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]