FORUMS: list search recent posts

More about 6 Below

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oliver Peters
More about 6 Below
on Oct 26, 2017 at 8:05:35 pm

http://www.creativeplanetnetwork.com/news/post/6k-workflow-6-below-mountain...

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: More about 6 Below
on Oct 26, 2017 at 10:49:43 pm

Thanks Oliver. For non standard frame aspects like this Adobe CC seems the most logical NLE.

I'm also curious about the grade & mix process. I did a museum installation 22.2 mix for a similar aspect and screening presentation and I would always like to hear details of how others solve the panning & placement issues of sound to such wide aspects.

The article mentions 3 x 2K DCPs. I can figure out how to grade and output that in Resolve but with all the reframing I would love to know how they translated from Adobe to Resolve or Baselight all that info including moves within the reframes. It would either be a well planned exercise with the post people or just a truck load of work.

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Oct 27, 2017 at 12:13:17 am

And "Mindhunter", too:

http://www.creativeplanetnetwork.com/news/edit/crime-scenes-evolving-postpr...

- Oliver

Return to posts index

Robert d'Alexis
on Nov 4, 2017 at 1:27:27 am

And "Only the Brave", too. ☺

http://www.studiodaily.com/2017/11/first-assistant-editor-jamie-clarke-cutt...

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Nov 4, 2017 at 2:22:49 am

You can watch the video with editor Billy Fox here:

https://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/creating-a-heroic-tribute-to-firefigh...

- Oliver

Return to posts index

Brian Seegmiller
on Nov 4, 2017 at 5:12:53 am

I find it interesting that this forum, "Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates" gets Premiere stories posted that has nothing to do with FCP X.

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Nov 4, 2017 at 2:33:17 pm

[Brian Seegmiller] "I find it interesting that this forum, "Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates" gets Premiere stories posted that has nothing to do with FCP X."

Not that interesting really

"Traditional NLEs have timelines. FCPX has storylines" W.Soyka

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on Nov 4, 2017 at 2:39:36 pm

[Brian Seegmiller] "I find it interesting that this forum, "Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates" gets Premiere stories posted that has nothing to do with FCP X."

Why? Debating the merits of FCP X's 'new' approach compared to the 'traditional' approach generally shared by other NLEs is the only reason this forum exists. Can't really have a debate about tools if you are only allowed to talk about a single tool.

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Nov 4, 2017 at 7:31:41 pm

Look beyond the NLE used. It's a story about an interesting post process and the related challenges.

- Oliver

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Nov 4, 2017 at 9:44:04 pm
Last Edited By Michael Gissing on Nov 4, 2017 at 9:45:30 pm

Yes it is interesting. That's why so many of us go to this forum rather than NLE specific ones. From day one, it's purpose was to debate the relative merits of X compared to other NLEs. To not have stories about alternatives and interesting ways to approach post on a range of technical and creative challenges would be to change the historic role this forum has had.

Perhaps if you go back into earlier posts on this forum you would understand that even though there have been many efforts to change this forum into X only, that would negate the debate aspect. It's Tim's favorite forum so he won't let you railroad it from that intended purpose. I don't think this is the first time you have questioned this Brian and you have been posting here longer than some newbies so you should have it figured by now.

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
on Nov 5, 2017 at 5:16:19 am

[Michael Gissing] "if you go back into earlier posts on this forum you would understand that even though there have been many efforts to change this forum into X only, that would negate the debate aspect. It's Tim's favorite forum so he won't let you railroad it from that intended purpose."

i still dont like the forum name though :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]