FORUMS: list search recent posts

Great write up about the Despacito video and FCP X

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charlie Austin
Great write up about the Despacito video and FCP X
on Oct 23, 2017 at 3:33:51 pm
Last Edited By Charlie Austin on Oct 23, 2017 at 3:34:06 pm

4 billion views and counting... "It’s not about features, it’s about the overall editing experience." ☺

http://bit.ly/2z2x4S8

-------------------------------------------------------------

~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~I still need to play Track Tetris sometimes. An old game that you can never win~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
Re: Great write up about the Despacito video and FCP X
on Oct 23, 2017 at 3:55:33 pm

Really think Apple Marketing should be jumping on to this one!

"Traditional NLEs have timelines. FCPX has storylines" W.Soyka

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
on Oct 23, 2017 at 4:04:27 pm
Last Edited By Charlie Austin on Oct 23, 2017 at 4:18:04 pm

[Steve Connor] "Really think Apple Marketing should be jumping on to this one!"

I'd be very surprised if they don't. ☺ The best part of this story is that it's not some Apple corporate generated promo. There was a bit on ABC news about the video and Puerto Rico. Someone watching it noticed FCP X on a computer in the edit bay and posted it on Facebook. Ronny saw the FB post and contacted the director.

He also uses a post house here in LA which is very "FCP X friendly", if anyone needs one.. ;-)

-------------------------------------------------------------

~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~I still need to play Track Tetris sometimes. An old game that you can never win~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Oct 23, 2017 at 5:39:05 pm

[Charlie Austin] "Ronny saw the FB post and contacted the director. "

Ronny is the one guy in this business consistently getting this coverage right -- which I don't mean as faint praise. Having just unloaded in my last post on the overwhelming majority of people who in their enthusiasms about FCPX get the rest of the story colossally wrong, I want to celebrate what Ronny is doing, story after story. It's darn near miraculous that he not only gets everything right, AND's a good storyteller to boot.

Another masterpiece from the master.

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Oct 23, 2017 at 6:24:23 pm

I think I’ve watched Despisito a couple of dozen times over the past few weeks since I watched the genesis of this story take place on-line - (Props to T.Peyton who originally spotted X in the piece!) but I still had a major mental disconnect in linking the beauty of the video with the post hurricane distruction we can see in the photos attached to Ronny’s story. (The destruction of so much authentic beauty just breaks my heart, and serious thanks to this videos creative team for forever preserving it in this work!)
I hope as this story spreads - It can encourage a renewed focus on ALL the islanders who are still deeply in recovery mode.
Puerto Rico is the US.
There are British, French, and other communities nearby - and they all need help.
But this one is ours.
And we should be able to do MUCH better than we seem to be doing there.
Just my 2 cents.

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Return to posts index

Mark Smith
on Oct 24, 2017 at 12:39:47 pm

Story in NYT today about Puerto Ricans being in survival mode, having lost homes, jobs, etc. Deep in the story is a mention of Luis Fonsi who donated a generator to the La Perla neighborhood where the Despacito video was shot . I take it that since that Neighborhood was close to the ocean, it was heavily damaged...
While Trump is busy patting himself on the back about the US response in Puerto Rico, truth is if you have ANY connections to the Puerto Rican community, you know that the island has been knocked most of the way back to the 18th century, power is still mostly out, cellphone communication is spotty and drinkable water is in short supply especially away from cities. There is a pretty significant migration of people leaving the island for the US at this point since the conditions are so bad there.
I enjoyed the article about Despacito and as some one who mostly works as a DP am amazed that they shot it all in a day...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]