FORUMS: list search recent posts

Interesting

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
andy patterson
Interesting
on Sep 20, 2017 at 1:31:42 am

It seems as though every 7-8 weeks the topic of dedicated hardware comes up. Many times the hardware for debate is dedicated control surfaces for audio and video. Some like it others hate it. Some mention Logic, others mention DR and a few mention Avid. I say what about Photoshop?

Return to posts index

Dominic Deacon
Re: Interesting
on Sep 20, 2017 at 8:09:19 am

I've been looking for a control panel for photoshop for a while but I haven't come across anything that looks good yet.

In the end I settled on a Razer gamepad which looks like something that should be sitting on a teenage boys desk but has sped up my workflow a good deal. All the functions he uses on the video I have mapped to their own key on the gamepad and a bunch more options beside. The gamepad is a much preferable option to that control surface because it's designed to cradle you hand and have your fingers resting on the keys which are logically placed. With a control surface like that I can imagine you would have to be looking down from your work to find the buttons you need whereas on the gamepad my fingers know where everything is. The whole reason I moved away from keyboard shortcuts to the gamepad was because I don't want to have to look down to, for example, find ctrl+). I often find it quite difficult to re orientate myself if I have to look away from the screen so that was the key thing for me.

Return to posts index

andy patterson
Re: Interesting
on Sep 20, 2017 at 9:31:15 am

Keep in mind that Korg nanoKontrol 2 was not designed for Photoshop. Other control surfaces could allow for better integration with Photoshop. I posted the video because Phototshop doesn't really ever get mentioned in this forum but control surfaces do. Having said that the Korg nanoKontrol 2 will work great with Adobe Audition and Premiere Pro. As far as taking your eyes of the computer screen that is why Microsoft released the Surface Studio with the Surface Dial. I thought that was really cool. Having said that I think it is cool to see alternative ways for people to do their work. I know other people use game pads with Premiere Pro and Photoshop. Perhaps you can post a video of your workflow using the game pad.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]