on Sep 19, 2017 at 7:07:44 pm

Any FCPX-related info out of IBC?

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
Re: IBC wrap
on Sep 20, 2017 at 1:27:24 am

Barely any info on anything anywhere, IME.

I've seen fewer IBC headlines on the web in general than I did after Adobe World, and that was pretty sparse too.

Seems from what my pictorial feeds looked like, IBC a bit cold, rainy and subdued. I had a dozen friends there and only one guy posted pics of being outdoors catching public transport. Everything else was inside in cozy pubs, and restaurants etc.

Seems like not a hugely active year.

Anyone who went want to weigh in?

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Sep 20, 2017 at 2:57:47 am

Only FCPX World offsite- not much happened on the IBC floor itself related to FCPX.

Definitely rain a few days but plenty of interesting other stuff to be seen during the show. Creative Summit next month is likely to be the FCPX focal point for the year.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Sep 20, 2017 at 12:50:00 pm

[Noah Kadner] "Only FCPX World offsite"

Right. And anything from that?

- Oliver

Return to posts index

Tom Sefton
on Sep 20, 2017 at 1:02:48 pm

I believe there were some previews of the updates to FCPX that were due to be released soon, but all of that was under strict NDA at the apple headquarters....

Co-owner at Pollen Studio
http://www.pollenstudio.co.uk

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Sep 20, 2017 at 2:04:36 pm
Last Edited By Noah Kadner on Sep 20, 2017 at 2:07:30 pm

FCPX World had a series of workflow presos and plugin demos. If you check out their program you can get a sense of what was shown and I would assume they'll release session vids at some point.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

Ronny Courtens
on Sep 20, 2017 at 5:09:00 pm

For me IBC 2017 has been very interesting.

The IBC floor was indeed less attended than in the past years. That's a tendency we can see with many larger professional media fairs now, which makes me wonder if such global events are still relevant for post production these days. But off the floor there was a LOT of activity, also regarding FCP X.

The FCPX World event focused on showing new case studies, workflow sessions and product announcements, confirming once again that FCP X is very popular in Europe. For the first time we heard about how respected directors and editors use FCP X in Russia and in the whole of Eastern Europe, which is interesting considering that some Hollywood movies are actually being made there. The videos should be available in a few weeks or sooner.

The LumaForge demo room at Spaces was constantly filled, we were there with a large team and still we did not have enough time to talk with all our visitors in person. We did demos with our latest systems and our new patented software, we did training sessions with our European resellers and we discussed FCP X integrations and workflows with some very high profile operations that are moving to FCP X. If we did not post anything during the trade fair, that's only because we did not have any time.

Although Apple does not have a booth at these events, the FCP X team was clearly present at IBC. They were watching many of the FCP X World presentations, sitting down with power users and taking notes. They were also on the IBC floor. It was a real pleasure talking with them and exchanging ideas. Looking forward to what will be shown at the Summit.

- Ronny

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Sep 20, 2017 at 6:04:42 pm

Ronny,

Thanks.

- Oliver

Return to posts index

Neil Sadwelkar
on Sep 21, 2017 at 12:31:57 pm

Amsterdam was cold and wet during this year's IBC. I did pay a short visit to the FCP X world exhibit at the Spaces Zuidas close to the IBC Expo.
This is what it was
https://sohoeditors.com/fcpxworld/

There was a room with a table with systems showing (top of my head) Coremelt, Softron, Frame.io, Key Flow Pro, Lumberjack, and others I cannot remember. I went there to take a look at the Codex display. In one room there were presentations, one of which was workflow between FCP X and Resolve 14.

All this was on the weekend of 16-17 Sep. In the presentation schedule for the 17th Sep, there was an item called "An Exciting presentation to be confirmed soon" at 4.15 pm, but the reception had no clue what it was about even around 2pm when I asked. So, unless someone attended it, I wonder what it was.

-----------------------------------
Neil Sadwelkar
neilsadwelkar.blogspot.com
twitter: fcpguru
FCP Editor, Edit systems consultant
Mumbai India

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]