FORUMS: list search recent posts

Who was The Target For FCP X?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Burke
Who was The Target For FCP X?
on Jul 8, 2011 at 1:52:12 am

THis guy does web videos but I don't think FCP-X would work for even him.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/the-making-screwattack/717056

I wear many hats.
http://www.gregburkepost.com

Return to posts index

Michael Largé
Re: Who was The Target For FCP X?
on Jul 8, 2011 at 3:01:41 am

I usually remain quiet but there's a nasty snobbery on these forums ever since FCPX released that's become quite uncomfortable. I have zero problem with people venting or feeling betrayed by Apple and I believe they should be allowed to communicate this freely. That said, there's a strong vibe being put out by a great deal of members (not everyone) that since they deem FCPX to be a non-pro application, it's target audience must obviously be a bunch of dummies. This is evident in the numerous threads which have a "Look! Apple made FCPX for idiots like this!" feel. I'm not bothered one bit by all the criticism leveled against FCPX, but to demean people because they create and work on internet videos is quite another.

I bring this up because the guy in question - James Rolfe a.k.a The Angry Video Game Nerd - went from being a so-called "youtuber" to landing a steady job because of the huge audience he gained from his videos. Sure, he's not producing 'The Sopranos' or 'Law and Order' every week, but he shouldn't be looked down upon because he makes his living on the web.

Return to posts index

Greg Burke
on Jul 8, 2011 at 3:24:38 am

I love this Guy! I don't look down on him at all, I was just trying to get an Idea because it seems that FCP X wouldn't do what James needs it for. Thats all. I love James!!!!

I wear many hats.

Return to posts index

Greg Burke
on Jul 8, 2011 at 3:32:43 am

I mean Fcp doesn't even support psd files! And if pros can't use fcpx and people like James and I can't use it. Who was it made for? I'm starting to thin that this program was designed for moms and dads. I have it I'm learning I'm using it but so far it's what it seems like.

iPhone typing please excuse errors.

I wear many hats.

Return to posts index

Michael Largé
on Jul 8, 2011 at 5:17:41 am

[Greg Burke] "I love this Guy! I don't look down on him at all, I was just trying to get an Idea because it seems that FCP X wouldn't do what James needs it for. Thats all. I love James!!!!"

The way you phrased your post made it sound to me as though you thought FCPX wouldn't work "EVEN for him" (a lowly web videographer). As if to say, even a web person isn't able to use it. It appears I was in error and I extend a sincere apology to you. I'm just a tired of seeing so many threads that put down people of different professional backgrounds.

[Greg Burke] "I mean Fcp doesn't even support psd files! And if pros can't use fcpx and people like James and I can't use it. Who was it made for? I'm starting to thin that this program was designed for moms and dads. I have it I'm learning I'm using it but so far it's what it seems like.

I understand that criticism and I won't debate it. I have FCPX and I'm using it on a project right now and personally, while it has tremendous potential, I think it was designed squarely with the iPad in mind. I'm dead serious too. Everything points to that -

- A single viewer for editing is easier on an iPad screen that the viewer/canvas combo.
- It's an app you download rather than a CD to install (iPads don't have CD/DVD drives).
- I like a lot of aspects of the new UI, but it clearly lends itself to touchscreen controls.
- The lack of support for customizing a dual monitor set-up. They want you to get used to working on a single screen, ala the iPad.

I think it'll take a couple of years before FCPX reaches it's full potential, that is, if Apple is interested in doing so. I hope they are because there are some really great things within it.

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Jul 8, 2011 at 4:07:25 am

Oddly enough, I asked Randy Ubilios the same question..."Who was the target for FCPX?"

He replied "Aindreas Gallagher" without hesitation.

I think he made a miscalculation, but I am not quite sure.

Return to posts index

Greg Burke
on Jul 8, 2011 at 4:14:07 am

I wish I could do work like that. Same goes for http://www.screwattack.com I would Jump at the Chance to work for them. WHO Beta Tested FCO X and thought it was okay to Add FINAL CUT anywhere on the Product. IM not being a smart ass I'm honestly asking.

I wear many hats.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Jul 8, 2011 at 4:41:41 am

How'd you get through to Randy? Would you tell him to accept my FaceBook request? I did try actually. Why not.

Return to posts index

Herb Sevush
on Jul 8, 2011 at 1:29:31 pm

Nothing like a laugh first thing in the morning. Best post of the week.

Thanks.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Jul 8, 2011 at 5:20:53 am

[Michael Largé] "James Rolfe a.k.a The Angry Video Game Nerd - went from being a so-called "youtuber" to landing a steady job because of the huge audience he gained from his videos. Sure, he's not producing 'The Sopranos' or 'Law and Order' every week, but he shouldn't be looked down upon because he makes his living on the web."

For the most part, very few filmmakers want to keep working on what they're working on now, forever. It goes without saying that Youtubers aspire to bigger and better things, as do those working on three million dollar features, who aspire to work on 100 million dollar features.

No one should be looking down on anyone, much less using their experience or expertise to as a gauge of their right to hold a belief one way the other about a piece of bleeping software.

And, experienced pros are no more incapable of adapting to change than a Youtuber or anyone else. Besides editing, editors have to manage and prioritize boatloads of information, details, and decisions, which are done best as the editor sees fit on any given project. The flexibility that FCP has always afforded allowed the editor to establish the priorities, because the system was more adaptable. That adaptability has now been removed by Randy Ubillos and team, so it's in fact the application which is less adaptable, not those who don't particularly care for the application or its very rigid UI.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

Don't miss my new tutorial: Prepare for a seamless transition to FCP X and OS X Lion
http://library.creativecow.net/weiss_roth_david/FCP-10-MAC-Lion/1

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums.

Return to posts index

Michael Largé
on Jul 8, 2011 at 5:51:47 am

[David Roth Weiss] "No one should be looking down on anyone, much less using their experience or expertise to as a gauge of their right to hold a belief one way the other about a piece of bleeping software. "

I couldn't agree more.

[David Roth Weiss] "And, experienced pros are no more incapable of adapting to change than a Youtuber or anyone else. Besides editing, editors have to manage and prioritize boatloads of information, details, and decisions, which are done best as the editor sees fit on any given project. The flexibility that FCP has always afforded allowed the editor to establish the priorities, because the system was more adaptable. That adaptability has now been removed by Randy Ubillos and team, so it's in fact the application which is less adaptable, not those who don't particularly care for the application or its very rigid UI."

I won't dispute what you've said as I have no reason to, but there are quite a few threads in this forum that convey a strong vibe that if one enjoys FCPX, or even more shocking, prefer it to FCP7, they are not true professionals (since a "real" professional could never utilize such a program). While I have no issue with the loathing FCPX, Apple, Randy, etc., have received, I believe that venom should be directed squarely at Apple and not at people who may find value in the program.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Jul 8, 2011 at 6:36:49 am

[Michael Largé] "there are quite a few threads in this forum that convey a strong vibe that if one enjoys FCPX, or even more shocking, prefer it to FCP7, they are not true professionals (since a "real" professional could never utilize such a program)."

I needn't tell you that any discussion about FCP X is going to be incredibly divisive. Apple took a very long time to bring FCP X to market, and the pent-up demand for the new product was simply outrageous as time ticked down to its expected release.

When it was released, FCP X's impact on every single person has been both intense and intensely different for all, owing primarily to its huge user base of nearly 2-million users from every walk of life and at every level of experience and expertise. So, it should be no wonder that people on all sides of the debate get fired-up and ready to rumble when they feel their position is being undermined or their level of expertise is being used against them to gain advantage. It cuts bot ways...

Apple has unfortunately managed the entire roll out about as badly as any company could possibly have done it, and whether Mr. Ubillos says so or not, there's simply no way the company calculated the type or intensity of the reaction they've received. There are few genuinely pleased with Apple at this moment on any side of the issues.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
Los Angeles

Don't miss my new tutorial: Prepare for a seamless transition to FCP X and OS X Lion

Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums.

Return to posts index

Michael Largé
on Jul 8, 2011 at 3:54:33 pm

I accidentally posted this in the wrong section of the thread. I've removed it and will repost below.

Return to posts index

Johnny Saunderson
on Jul 11, 2011 at 4:36:27 pm

Hear, hear!

Return to posts index

Dan Hayes
on Jul 8, 2011 at 9:41:21 am

[Michael Largé] "
I won't dispute what you've said as I have no reason to, but there are quite a few threads in this forum that convey a strong vibe that if one enjoys FCPX, or even more shocking, prefer it to FCP7, they are not true professionals (since a "real" professional could never utilize such a program)."

I haven't gotten that vibe can you point to some examples?

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Jul 8, 2011 at 2:08:43 pm

[Dan Hayes] "I haven't gotten that vibe can you point to some examples?
"

Hey Dan, long time no see... A bit of deja vue, no?

Going back a few weeks there were some mean-spirited debates that went back and forth between very experienced editors and those with less experience. Both camps were pretty hot, and neither side could understand why the other was unable appreciate their feelings. It got heated, but it went both ways with some name calling and stereotyping. You know, lots of really mean stuff like less-experienced editors calling pros old fogies, and the old fogies calling the others unprofessional. It was a dreadful sight to behold.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
Los Angeles

Return to posts index

Forrest Burger
on Jul 8, 2011 at 3:03:17 pm

It seems as though this thread has gotten a bit off topic. To answer the question of "who was the target of FCP X? At least to some degree I believe it was people like me, the small independent who has to do it all. I produce, direct, shoot, write, edit, and narrate most of my videos.

I spent many years as a "professional" shooter and editor for network television news, working in Asia and New York. But, I decided to exchange prestige for quality of life and moved back to the Pacific Northwest to raise my family. I now make a fairly good living doing mostly corporate, healthcare and fundraising videos.

Several years ago I saw our industry was beginning to change and decided that I needed to change with it. Most of us small independents need to wear many hats to survive and FCPX, albeit in its somewhat rough form, fits our needs quite well. Because I do a lot of one-man-band shoots, I've gone mostly DSLR and FCPX brings in my GH2 footage like a dream.

I don't have to be an After Effects artist to make fairly decent graphics. The FCPX workflow seems quite a bit faster for the kinds of work I do, which are probably like the majority of videos out there...mainly cuts and dissolves. FCPX lets me concentrate on what makes me a "professional," simply telling compelling stories that my clients appreciate.

Granted, I don't normally need XML, OMF support or have to lay off to tape. I really feel post houses that need those. I also feel Apple totally mucked up the roll-out of FCPX.

But, I also ask the question to many of the "professional" editors out there...how could you not see this coming?

I've downloaded the trial version of Premier, and I'll likely check out AVID. But, I like FCPX and can't wait for most of the bugs to go away and for features to come back and others to be added. I still have FCP7 and will for some time.

There are many of us "professionals" out there who edit at home in shorts and slippers, with a day or two of growth on our face and spend time with our kids. And, like it or now, that business model is growing. I really believe we're the ones that FCPX is targeted at and I'm not sure there's anything wrong with that.

Forrest

Return to posts index

Herb Sevush
on Jul 8, 2011 at 3:18:00 pm

Forrest -

As someone who "edit(s) at home in shorts and slippers, with a day or two of growth on our face" but still works on broadcast material I want to say that my problem isn't that they didn't target me for FCPX, it's that first they EOL'd FCP7 without warning, and then they totally misrepresented what they were doing.

Just come out and say - "look, broadcast is a small part of our customer base, we are designing this for one man shops that deliver digitally, maybe you broadcast guys can figure out a way to work with this, if not, go to Adobe or Avid." That hasn't been their sales approach, they keep insisting this is a solution for the broadcast and film market. It isn't.

That doesn't mean it's not going to be a great and successful product, nor does it demean those who use it. It just means that I'm going to have to go elsewhere, and because of the EOLing of FCP7, it's needs to be sooner rather than later.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions

Return to posts index

Forrest Burger
on Jul 8, 2011 at 4:05:25 pm

Herb,

I totally agree with what you're saying. Apple should have been more forthcoming when it comes to post houses and the broadcast industry. They made a huge mistake by handling this the way they did.

I was at NAB but didn't want to deal with the crowd associated with them taking over the supermeet. What was Apple thinking? Or, were they?

But, since I'm like many out there who are heavily invested in Mac computers, and have come to really dislike sitting in front of a windows machine, I have to adapt to survive.

Do I need to know Premier and AVID? Maybe, because I do occasionally freelance. I did, however, load Premier on my Kona machine and played with it for awhile yesterday. But, it wasn't too long before I went back over to my laptop with X installed to learn more about it.

I'm not one who usually needs tech support, but the idea of having to pay AVID for a phone call rubs me the wrong way. They could use a few lessons from AJA there.

The growing pains here are enormous, but I'm going continue to learn X and grow with it. I just hope AJA (LHi in my tower) and Matrox (MXO2 mini for my laptop) get the drivers going for external monitoring. I think there is potentially a great upside to this software, we just have to be patient for now and continue to use FCP7.

FB

Return to posts index

Dan Hayes
on Jul 8, 2011 at 5:13:07 pm

[David Roth Weiss] "Hey Dan, long time no see... A bit of deja vue, no?"

Yeah, maybe I should dust off my old edit* machine and see if I can trade it in for the replacement editing platform that Autodesk was said they were developing back when they killed edit*.

Return to posts index

Scott Sheriff
on Jul 8, 2011 at 4:21:40 pm

[Michael Largé] "I usually remain quiet but there's a nasty snobbery on these forums ever since FCPX released that's become quite uncomfortable. I have zero problem with people venting or feeling betrayed by Apple and I believe they should be allowed to communicate this freely."

I think you are completely 180 degrees out of phase.
You can find tons of posts here where people are discussing missing features, or the dislike of the UI, and someone will jump in the fray to defend apple by saying something like "I've never used XML and never will", "The timeline is an editing paradigm from last century" or "Isn't it time to quit using tape and get into this decade". Comments like these, often with plenty of inflammatory words (old, Luddite, fear, paranoid, etc) put in quotes or brackets with the specific purpose of demeaning those that find the new version a POS, unsuitable for broadcast, or commercial film work. These posts generally go OT, heading in the direction of this is our playground apple made for us, and we are glad these antique features were left out, because "that is so last century".
The elitist apple lovers and defenders have done this time and time again on this forum, and basically opened themselves up to this criticism of being amateurs and youtubers through their own postings. I have no sympathy for them. None at all.

Scott Sheriff
Director
http://www.sstdigitalmedia.com

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." ---Red Adair

Where were you on 6/21?

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Jul 8, 2011 at 5:03:58 pm

Scott,

That was unnecessary. Rehashing that old stuff doesn't help. We all need to try to move on from the heated stages of phase #1 "getting heard" to phase # 2 more thoughtful attempts to get things fixed ASAP.

I know you understand.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
Los Angeles

Return to posts index

Scott Sheriff
on Jul 8, 2011 at 6:13:22 pm

[David Roth Weiss] "
That was unnecessary. Rehashing that old stuff doesn't help. We all need to try to move on from the heated stages of phase #1 "getting heard" to phase # 2 more thoughtful attempts to get things fixed ASAP."

David,
Fair enough. That probably sounded more heated than was my intent. And you're right that it's time to try and get something done about this.
It's all good.

Scott Sheriff
Director
http://www.sstdigitalmedia.com

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." ---Red Adair

Where were you on 6/21?

Return to posts index

James Daugherty
on Jul 8, 2011 at 6:10:03 am

FCPX is too complicated for novice users and not powerful enough for professional users.

This is a classic mistake in product positioning.

Only 1600+ units sold. They should have sold over 20K by now.

James Daugherty
President SDFCPUG.com

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Jul 8, 2011 at 2:16:09 pm

q[James Daugherty] "Only 1600+ units sold. They should have sold over 20K by now."

Selling beta software sight unseen for $300 isn't really too cool either. Many all over have suggested X should have been a free trial version, and I'm thinking that would have been a wise choice.

Then, yesterday a report from London quoted Apple officials as saying that updates are coming, some of which would be free, with others at "a cost." That probably won't thrill too many once that news makes it around the world a few times.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
Los Angeles

Return to posts index

David Dobson
on Jul 8, 2011 at 2:37:28 pm

Right, well who really believed they were going to get a professional NLE for $300? Right off the bat you had to spend another $50 for Compressor. So in the end, if the components you need to make the thing work for you come in around $1000, well, that at least will make sense.

As for the tone - as a Premiere editor - that's all I've heard from FCP users for years. If you are editing in Premiere you aren't a professional editor. Not all of you, but enough real assholes to leave a bad taste in my mouth. Now you are doing it to each other, so I am mostly amused. But I feel your pain too. Adobe hasn't always been very responsive to users needs. At least CS5 was worth the wait.

Return to posts index

Simon Ubsdell
on Jul 8, 2011 at 4:48:03 pm

[David Roth Weiss] "Selling beta software sight unseen for $300 isn't really too cool either. Many all over have suggested X should have been a free trial version, and I'm thinking that would have been a wise choice.

Then, yesterday a report from London quoted Apple officials as saying that updates are coming, some of which would be free, with others at "a cost." That probably won't thrill too many once that news makes it around the world a few times."

I couldn't agree more - it really offends to have had to pay to beta test a rushed and shoddily put together release, but to hear that I'm going to have to pay unspecified extra amounts to Apple and third parties to get basic funtionality implemented is genuinely repugnant.

And I'm one of the few, very few, who actually kind of quite likes the product! Amazingly they've managed now to p*ss me off just as much as everyone who hates it.

Simon Ubsdell
Director/Editor/Writer
http://www.tokyo-uk.com

Return to posts index

Chris Kenny
on Jul 8, 2011 at 7:55:50 pm

[Simon Ubsdell] "I couldn't agree more - it really offends to have had to pay to beta test a rushed and shoddily put together release, but to hear that I'm going to have to pay unspecified extra amounts to Apple and third parties to get basic funtionality implemented is genuinely repugnant."

I think they were probably just clarifying that at some point they're going to charge for an update, which is something worth clarifying, given that it's not something Apple has ever done yet with an app sold through the App Store.

Possibly they might also sell certain functionality though in-app purchasing (which the Mac App Store supports in Lion). This would be annoying to folks who thought they'd get everything they needed for $300... but, well people did comment that $300 was pretty cheap for a serious NLE. It could actually be fairly brilliant long-term if Apple sold the base package for $300 (or even less), and then users with more specialized high-end needs could add modules via in-app purchase. This could provide a lot of flexibility for scaling to different use cases, and would probably make it easier for Apple to internally justify adding features for more niche markets, because they'd have a way to directly generate additional revenue from the users who needed those features.

--
Digital Workflow/Colorist, Nice Dissolve.

You should follow me on Twitter here. Or read our blog.

Return to posts index

Simon Ubsdell
on Jul 8, 2011 at 9:30:36 pm

[Chris Kenny] "It could actually be fairly brilliant long-term if Apple sold the base package for $300 (or even less), and then users with more specialized high-end needs could add modules via in-app purchase."

But my problem is I'm probably going to have to shell out for all those third party solutions in order to find out whether or not FCPX will actually work for me as a total solution - something it's impossible for me to judge until I have used those third party add-ons - and by then I will be several hundred dollars out of pocket on what by anybody's guess is at present a speculative investment. My best bet at this point is to wait for other guinea pigs to carry out that experiment for me ... I don't feel like extending my guinea pig status too much further at this point.

Simon Ubsdell
Director/Editor/Writer
http://www.tokyo-uk.com

Return to posts index

Andrew Richards
on Jul 8, 2011 at 2:32:58 pm

[James Daugherty] "Only 1600+ units sold. They should have sold over 20K by now."

1,600 reviews on the App Store does not equate to units sold. There are no published sales figures that I know of.

Best,
Andy

Return to posts index

Michael Largé
on Jul 8, 2011 at 4:02:39 pm

[David Roth Weiss] "Apple has unfortunately managed the entire roll out about as badly as any company could possibly have done it, and whether Mr. Ubillos says so or not, there's simply no way the company calculated the type or intensity of the reaction they've received. There are few genuinely pleased with Apple at this moment on any side of the issues."

I understand and I feel the pain of post houses that have been hit hard by this, I really do, but I maintain that any and all venom should be directed at Apple and not at people who enjoy FCPX. There's nothing to gain by attacking one another.

To address your point of Apple's roll out: I completely agree. This is, without a doubt, one of the worst product launches I've ever seen. I'm still stunned how their NAB presentation doesn't coincide fully with the product they released. Specifically, that one moment when they showed a FCP7 project and contrasted against how it would appear in FCPX as a bunch of compound clips, thereby indirectly suggesting that legacy projects would be supported. It doesn't matter that I love the compound clips feature, if they knew FCP7 projects wouldn't be supported, then that part of their presentation deliberately misrepresented users.

[David Roth Weiss] "Going back a few weeks there were some mean-spirited debates that went back and forth between very experienced editors and those with less experience. Both camps were pretty hot, and neither side could understand why the other was unable appreciate their feelings. It got heated, but it went both ways with some name calling and stereotyping. You know, lots of really mean stuff like less-experienced editors calling pros old fogies, and the old fogies calling the others unprofessional. It was a dreadful sight to behold."

And both sides were wrong for doing so.

[David Dobson] "As for the tone - as a Premiere editor - that's all I've heard from FCP users for years. If you are editing in Premiere you aren't a professional editor. Not all of you, but enough real assholes to leave a bad taste in my mouth. Now you are doing it to each other, so I am mostly amused. But I feel your pain too. "

Yeah, I heard the same thing years ago from FCP users when I started on Premiere. Then I heard it from Avid users when I moved to FCP. I've never engaged in that foolishness because I've never understood being loyal to a piece of software. I understand why a person feels comfortable with one program over another, but in the end they're all just tools for us to use. To insult one another for our tool is choice is stupid.

[Forrest Burger] "I don't have to be an After Effects artist to make fairly decent graphics. The FCPX workflow seems quite a bit faster for the kinds of work I do, which are probably like the majority of videos out there...mainly cuts and dissolves. FCPX lets me concentrate on what makes me a "professional," simply telling compelling stories that my clients appreciate.

Granted, I don't normally need XML, OMF support or have to lay off to tape. I really feel post houses that need those. I also feel Apple totally mucked up the roll-out of FCPX.

snip

There are many of us "professionals" out there who edit at home in shorts and slippers, with a day or two of growth on our face and spend time with our kids. And, like it or now, that business model is growing. I really believe we're the ones that FCPX is targeted at and I'm not sure there's anything wrong with that."

Hear, hear! FCPX is almost perfect for me - (I too am a one man band) - but ironically, if I had continued working the way I was trained - export OMF from FCP into Pro Tools for editing - I'd be royally screwed. I remember being flat-out told how that specific workflow was the best way and that nothing else measured up. Well, I decided I didn't care for PT much so I switched to Soundtrack Pro which worked perfectly with my FCP7 workflow and my documentary sounded great. I'm not saying abandoning PT is the way to go; just that it didn't work for me then and still doesn't now.

Return to posts index

billy earle
on Jul 8, 2011 at 4:26:28 pm

[Michael Largé] Yeah, I heard the same thing years ago from FCP users when I started on Premiere. Then I heard it from Avid users when I moved to FCP. I've never engaged in that foolishness because I've never understood being loyal to a piece of software. I understand why a person feels comfortable with one program over another, but in the end they're all just tools for us to use. To insult one another for our tool is choice is stupid.

I like my tool and I take care of it.

billy earle

Return to posts index

TImothy Auld
on Jul 8, 2011 at 6:42:48 pm

Absolutely true. A good editor can tell a story using all manner of software packages. Using
one system rather than another does not make anyone any more "pro" than anyone else. In fact, most
editors I know work on more than one platform and NLE. The trick is, can you make them all do
what you need to to artfully create the piece on which you are working. If you can do that, you generally get paid. When the check clears, you are a professional.

bigpine

Return to posts index

Richard Cardonna
on Jul 8, 2011 at 6:49:16 pm

Wow Friar Richards of the apple order with his apologetics again.

Richard

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on Jul 8, 2011 at 7:04:51 pm

[David Dobson] "Right, well who really believed they were going to get a professional NLE for $300? Right off the bat you had to spend another $50 for Compressor. So in the end, if the components you need to make the thing work for you come in around $1000, well, that at least will make sense."
Really? Is $300 for FCP X really all that different than $1000 for FCP, Motion, Compressor, Color, DVD SP, Soundtrack Pro and Cinema Tools? While price usually hints at quality Apple completely tosses that out the window. I mean, Color used to be a $25,000 program that Apple included at no extra charge.

-Andrew

3.2GHz 8-core, FCP 6.0.4, 10.5.5
Blackmagic Multibridge Eclipse (6.8.1)

Return to posts index

Andrew Richards
on Jul 8, 2011 at 7:08:48 pm

Mustn't... feed... troll....

Return to posts index

Bryan Keith
on Jul 9, 2011 at 5:52:08 am

Where did you see 1600 units sold? That doesn't sound right at all.

Bryan Keith
http://www.happylandstudio.com

Return to posts index

Johnny Saunderson
on Jul 11, 2011 at 4:51:10 pm

Can't wait for FCP 8... I reckon Apple is just playing a sick joke. Right?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]