FORUMS: list search recent posts

Automatic Transitions

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
arthur kobin
Automatic Transitions
on Jul 8, 2011 at 12:11:08 am

In iMovie 11 there was a feature with which you could automatically add multiple transitions in between a large amount of clips. This was very useful when making slideshows with hundreds of images. Since this new final cut is basically an iMovie upgrade, I am hoping this feature remained. I am having trouble finding it. Anyone have any ideas as to where this feature is (if it exists)? If not, does anyone have any suggestions for batch adding of transitions. Thanks.

- Arthur

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
Re: Automatic Transitions
on Jul 8, 2011 at 12:19:46 am

Select the clips apply the transition.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Coming in 2011 "Complete Training for FCPX"
and "Final Cut Pro X for iMovie and Final Cut Express Users" from Focal Press

Return to posts index

arthur kobin
on Jul 8, 2011 at 2:27:53 am

I selected all clips, dragged and dropped the transition, but it is only applied to the two clips between which it was dropped. Do I have to copy and paste the transition manually between every clip? The old automation setting I'm referring to used to be in project properties (in iMovie). I would check a box and the transition of my choosing would be placed between every clip on the timeline. I know in older versions of Final Cut this did not exist, and all transitions would have to be added manually. Is there any other method besides manual application?

- Arthur

Return to posts index

Logan Kelsey
on Jul 8, 2011 at 3:32:20 am

[arthur kobin] "I selected all clips, dragged and dropped the transition, but it is only applied to the two clips between which it was dropped."

Try; select all and double-click the desired transition. Also, you can modify the default transition length in preferences / editing / transition.

Cheers.
Logan

Vertical Online
http://www.verticalonline.com

Return to posts index

arthur kobin
on Jul 8, 2011 at 9:58:05 pm

That worked perfectly. Thank you so much, Logan. It was driving me nuts trying to figure that out.

- Arthur

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]