FORUMS: list search recent posts

RED Raven kit: Sigma lens, G-Tech reader, batteries, case, PLUS FCPX BUNDLED $14,995 exclusively thru Apple.com

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Wilson
RED Raven kit: Sigma lens, G-Tech reader, batteries, case, PLUS FCPX BUNDLED $14,995 exclusively thru Apple.com
on Aug 3, 2017 at 7:42:17 pm

I think this is a pretty big story, but I don't see anyone talking about it, even though I think it's germane here as much as anyplace on earth: a RED + FCPX bundle (plus lens, reader, batteries, case, VF, etc) exclusively at Apple.com, with demo at select Apple store retail locations, $14,995.

RED Digital Cinema’s RAVEN Camera Kit Now Available Exclusively Through A...

If one were to be snarky, one could say something about this being an enthusiast's play, rather than a purely pro play, but that's a silly thing to be snarky about. RED has obviously made huge inroads among enthusiasts, as has FCPX, without in any way suggesting that there's any conflict between being that and being all-the-way pro. One thing that pros know is that all these $5000 cameras really do cross the $10,000 mark and beyond once you starte adding the accessories that you need to actually shoot.

• RED RAVEN 4.5K camera BRAIN
  • RED DSMC2 Touch LCD 4.7” Monitor
  • RED DSMC2 Outrigger Handle
  • RED V-Lock I/O Expander
  • RED 120 GB RED MINI-MAG
  • Two IDX DUO-C98 batteries with VL-2X charger
  • G-Technology ev Series RED MINI-MAG Reader
  • Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM | Art
  • Nanuk heavy-duty camera case
  • Final Cut Pro X
  • foolcontrol iOS app for RAVEN Camera Kit

Does it remind anyone of the pitch for an Ursa Mini Pro with bundled DaVinci Resolve? Although jeez louise, this is hardly an either/or proposition -- buy the RED RAVEN bundle for $14,995, spend another $295 for Resolve and have it all.

The RAVEN also reminds a little bit of the HYDROGEN value proposition. The phone's place in the ecosystem is similar to the camera brain, so to speak. The magic starts to happen once you bolt on the rest of the goodies.

Anyway, I didn't expect this, but the more I look at it, the more I like it.

What say ye?

Return to posts index

Tom Sefton
Re: RED Raven kit: Sigma lens, G-Tech reader, batteries, case, PLUS FCPX BUNDLED $14,995 exclusively thru Apple.com
on Aug 3, 2017 at 8:23:25 pm

D'oh. 3 threads down.

Co-owner at Pollen Studio
http://www.pollenstudio.co.uk

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
Re: RED Raven kit: Sigma lens, G-Tech reader, batteries, case, PLUS FCPX BUNDLED $14,995 exclusively thru Apple.com
on Aug 3, 2017 at 8:44:39 pm

It's almost as if Tim doesn't get time to read ALL the posts on here :)

Return to posts index

Tom Sefton
on Aug 3, 2017 at 9:21:01 pm

I know right! Terrible!

Co-owner at Pollen Studio
http://www.pollenstudio.co.uk

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Aug 6, 2017 at 5:37:22 pm

I think this is a huge story. Instead of pro users going to pro dealers, Apple wants to sell this package at the shopping mall - to exactly who ? Parents who want to get their kids a "moving making package" for college.
Again, another attempt to bypass the professional market (gee - what is the professional market - anyone can make a movie). Will this kit be on display in the corner of the Apple store, with an Apple Genius answering questions about the RED camera ?

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]