FORUMS: list search recent posts

Accidental Discovery -- Something Cool

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Mathis
Accidental Discovery -- Something Cool
on Jul 25, 2017 at 6:22:09 pm

I decided to play around with multiple clip ranges today when I discovered something by mere accident. I forgot to add a range to the middle of a clip. I set one range at the beginning and other at the end after which I added the range to the middle. Here is the cool part: Final Cut remembers the order of the ranges you selected. As soon as I hit the D key I noticed the clips were edited into the timeline in order of I were I made the ranges. The start of the clip was edited in first, followed by the end of the clip with the middle of the clip being the last edit made. How cool is that?

It gets better. Remember in the old school Final Cut how you could arrange clips in a particular order to a storyboard edit? You can't exactly arrange them like that in X but you can select the order in which they are edited into the project (timeline) by command clicking them in the order you wish the clips to be edited. Not sure if anyone else discovered this or if this appears in the manual (which I never bother to read and probably should).

Just as soon as I found something to dislike about Final Cut in one of my rant modes, something really cool happened changing my mind, again!

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
Re: Accidental Discovery -- Something Cool
on Jul 25, 2017 at 6:38:01 pm

Yeah, this is pretty cool for throwing together rough assemblies as you go. :-)

-------------------------------------------------------------

~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~I still need to play Track Tetris sometimes. An old game that you can never win~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Accidental Discovery -- Something Cool
on Jul 25, 2017 at 7:47:32 pm

It'd be nice if they had a "Selected Show Order" command in the Browser so you could see and change the order. Since it is remembering the selection order there must be a way they can get to display it (one can hope).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]