FORUMS: list search recent posts

Chromatic?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Connor
Chromatic?
on Jul 24, 2017 at 9:32:50 pm

I've been waiting for this and have noticed a number of tutorials have been posted on their Vimeo page, but still no sign of it on the site? Has anyone tried it yet?

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
Re: Chromatic?
on Jul 24, 2017 at 9:37:50 pm

What is that? Links?

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Loren Risker
on Jul 25, 2017 at 1:51:32 am

A brief="https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.provideocoalition.com/scribeomatic-chromatic-coming-final-cut-pro-x/amp/">Looks interesting

-------------
OutOfFocus.TV - Music Videos 24/7

Return to posts index

Ronny Courtens
on Jul 25, 2017 at 6:09:59 am

Roger did a demo with the beta version during our Faster Together event at NAB. The commercial version should be ready by September, we are expecting a live demo of the full version at IBC. Looks promising indeed.

- Ronny

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jul 25, 2017 at 7:53:59 pm

Seeing the tutorials in advance is good marketing IMHO. Getting an idea of how it might compare to Color Finale.

Looking forward to seeing some Scribeomatic tutorials to compare that to Digital Heaven's SpeedScriber.

Looks like some very interesting stuff coming up over the next few weeks.

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Jul 31, 2017 at 9:35:13 pm

It's out now, free 14 day trial as well. Looks very good on first impressions!

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jul 31, 2017 at 9:54:07 pm

While I have Color Finale, there are things about Chromatic that I like that CF doesn't seem to have. It looks like the tracking and masking features are very good.

FCPX is so expensive, I have to buy plugins in pairs. 😉

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Aug 1, 2017 at 1:14:08 pm

If it's up to the standard of their other plugins then it's a winner for me!

Return to posts index

Mathieu Ghekiere
on Aug 3, 2017 at 6:31:31 pm

Craig I'm very interesting in hearing more, if there is more you can say.

I always refused to buy Color Finale because it didn't seem to have masking and elaborate secondaries, like we used to have in Color, but Chromatic seems to have them. How are render speeds in general/quality/ ... ?
It seems a very promising product. I have their SliceX and I've been generally happy with it.

https://mathieughekiere.wordpress.com

Return to posts index

Brett Sherman
on Aug 10, 2017 at 6:00:20 pm

I'm really digging the Hue-Saturation curves. And the luminance curve is large enough to make much more precise adjustments than Color Finale. Speed seems on par with CF. I haven't tracked any masks yet, but having the even stationary masks is beyond what you can do with CF. Also, it seems more solid crash-wise than CF.

--------------------------
Brett Sherman
One Man Band (If it's video related I'll do it!)
I work for an institution that probably does not want to be associated with my babblings here.

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Aug 10, 2017 at 6:21:09 pm

I've found the same, really happy with it!

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Aug 10, 2017 at 7:54:16 pm

Going to give it a try soon. The fact that it has more options than Color Finale makes it a very viable option. By watching some of the videos I almost thought it was a Resolve plugin! Looks very promising and will probably use it in conjunction with mLut which is super solid. Avoiding round tripping with Resolve where possible will be super duper awesome.

Side note: I thought I saw mention of Color Finale having HSL curves in an upcoming update. No date was mentioned. Anyone else know anything about it?

Return to posts index

Kevin Rag
on Aug 11, 2017 at 1:50:23 am

Wow! Just wow! Bough this a few days back. Am loving it so far. No crashes, tracking masks, precise adjustments. Loving everything about it. Haven't used CF Pro since I bought this. Hope it can be used with Tangent Ripple with future updates. Coremelt have a winner here:)

K

Return to posts index

Claude Lyneis
on Aug 11, 2017 at 4:39:11 am

Their short tutorials make it look great and based on the reviews above it looks like a significant improvement on Color Finale. I think I am in.

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Aug 11, 2017 at 11:47:56 am

The fact that it has HSL curves is a huge bonus. The tracker looks solid as well.

Return to posts index

Scott Witthaus
on Aug 11, 2017 at 8:57:11 pm

[David Mathis] " Avoiding round tripping with Resolve where possible will be super duper awesome.
"

Amen!

Scott Witthaus
Owner, 1708 Inc./Editorial
Managing Partner, Low Country Creative LLC
Professor, VCU Brandcenter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]