FORUMS: list search recent posts

OT: Sedna

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Witthaus
OT: Sedna
on Jul 10, 2017 at 11:02:19 am

Well, I figure this forum is as good as any for this question:

Getting into a job where 4k video is played across large screens in a corporate HQ lobby. Right now, my contact says the client is using Sedna Presenter. More info here: http://www.sedna.de/en/

With the product: http://www.sedna.de/en/portfolio_item/you-like-it-big-led-at-time-square/

Anyone out there have experience with this controller/presenter? This is a Berlin-based company. Robin?

Thanks in advance.

sw

Scott Witthaus
Owner, 1708 Inc./Editorial
Managing Partner, Low Country Creative LLC
Professor, VCU Brandcenter

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
Re: OT: Sedna
on Jul 10, 2017 at 2:23:33 pm

Did they give you specs for deliverables?

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Scott Witthaus
on Jul 10, 2017 at 2:44:27 pm

It's going to be a wide range of materials, from corporate history files to 4K newly shot stuff. It looks as if this system can take almost any media format.

Scott Witthaus

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Jul 11, 2017 at 4:09:37 pm

[Scott Witthaus] "It looks as if this system can take almost any media format."

Don't make that assumption. You really need to find out the specific request of the company handling the media playback. I did a number of videos in support of a client for this past January's CES keynote. Everything had to be in the HAP codec. I'd never heard of that prior to this gig. Fortunately it's an easy install as a QT codec, but it doesn't play worth a darn on anything other than the media player hardware.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

andy patterson
on Jul 10, 2017 at 2:27:43 pm

2x Apple Mac Pro as player hardware
5 Barco LED boards – on of them in 4K
Presenter Player Pro installed on Mac Pro’s
Presenter Creator Pro as centralized CMS

You would be best of contacting the manufacturer. Their website stated the above equipment is what was used. Having said that Matrox has video cards and software that can do really cool display type work.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jul 10, 2017 at 4:53:34 pm

The most important info will be what the aspect ratio/pixel count will be.

Even though it may say "4k" it might not be the exact dimensions of the standard. The Pro version of the their player accepts ProRes, but I imagine you'd be fine with a high res mp4 as well.

The best thing to do would be to get in touch with whoever is programming the content, and ask them the pixel size and delivery specs. Then send them a test file (of whatever content) and see if they can playback.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jul 10, 2017 at 8:25:41 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "The best thing to do would be to get in touch with whoever is programming the content, and ask them the pixel size and delivery specs. Then send them a test file (of whatever content) and see if they can playback."

This.

There is so much variability in the engineering of multi-display systems, as we discuss a lot in the Live Events forum. Anything other than this advice is just random musings from strangers on the Internet, and it's worth everything you pay for it.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on Jul 11, 2017 at 8:55:41 am

[Scott Witthaus] "Anyone out there have experience with this controller/presenter? This is a Berlin-based company. Robin?"

Never heard of them, sorry. I don't even get what it is they#re selling. A player?? Why do I need a extra (probably nowhere near cheap) player to simply play content in 4K on an LED wall?

- RK

Return to posts index

Scott Witthaus
on Jul 11, 2017 at 12:33:30 pm

I wish I could say I control how the material is displayed, but I am not. Was just poking around for anyone who might have had experience with this company/product. Thanks!

Scott Witthaus

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jul 11, 2017 at 2:11:18 pm

[Robin S. Kurz] "Never heard of them, sorry. I don't even get what it is they#re selling. A player?? Why do I need a extra (probably nowhere near cheap) player to simply play content in 4K on an LED wall?"

To handle things like content scheduling, live updates, and output mapping.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]