FORUMS: list search recent posts

OT: Terrablock and Anti-virus software

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Witthaus
OT: Terrablock and Anti-virus software
on Jun 19, 2017 at 7:29:04 pm

Disclaimer: I am not an engineer or IT person. This is being translated through my wee brain.

At the VCU Brandcenter where I teach, we have a terrablock system for 21 Mac Pro's running FCPX and other software. These computers are also connected to the web. Last semester, university IT installed Sophos anti-virus software on all computers and it totally screwed everything up. We tried (meaning our IT guys) disabling certain scan functions but it still gummed up the works when dealing with the Terrablock.

University IT informed us 2 days ago that they cannot find any anti-virus software that will work with our Terrablock. None. So our choices are (according to them): Remove the web access from the entire lab. Rip out the Terrablock and find something else or go with local storage only. None of these floats my boat.

So, are there folks out there with a Terrablock, web access and anti-virus software? If so, what? Any ideas here? An remember, I am but a visual storyteller. Make the explanations simple! :-)

Scott Witthaus
Owner, 1708 Inc./Editorial
Managing Partner, Low Country Creative LLC
Professor, VCU Brandcenter

Return to posts index

Richard Herd
Re: OT: Terrablock and Anti-virus software
on Jun 19, 2017 at 8:26:15 pm

Yeah that's super difficult. If I were in your dilemma I would talk to these people: https://library.unr.edu/atone

My wife got her PhD at UNR and I spent a considerable amount of time in that media lab, and they did it right. Good luck!

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Jun 19, 2017 at 11:04:37 pm

Why don't you just contact Facilis directly and see what they say? If push comes to shove, take the Macs off of the web.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Scott Witthaus
on Jun 20, 2017 at 12:47:09 am

We are already on it. Just poking around to see if anyone else has hit this wall.

Scott Witthaus

Return to posts index

Matthew Mullen
on Jun 20, 2017 at 4:13:08 pm

Scott,

Fibre or Ethernet attached? Generally the Tools drive on fibre attached machines can be added to an exclusions list in the Anti-Virus which should allow connectivity.

Return to posts index

Scott Witthaus
on Jun 20, 2017 at 9:21:35 pm

It's fiber. It's Sophos anti-virus software and we think we have the exclusion set up but then it reverts. I will send this on, however. Thanks.

Scott Witthaus

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]