FORUMS: list search recent posts

For the next Mac Pro or iMac?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oliver Peters
For the next Mac Pro or iMac?
on May 30, 2017 at 5:10:51 pm

Core i9

https://www.redsharknews.com/technology/item/4634-intel-officially-announce...

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Ben McCarthy
Re: For the next Mac Pro or iMac?
on May 31, 2017 at 1:52:10 am

No these are for desktops, PC market only unless Apple suddenly makes a new MacPro in the next 3 months or changes the iMac design dramatically to utilise desktop processors. Another thing with these new Intel chips are designed for AIO water-cooling systems only. So the new MAcPro or iMacPro will have to have watercooling! Hello Power Macintosh!!!!

"Intel is also introducing a new Intel AIO cooler. It should be competitive with other single radiator AIOs from the major brands in the industry, but will have the fancy Intel logo and blue lit fan. The Intel Thermal Solution TS13X should cost between $85 and $100. It will support LGA2011 (and LGA2066), LGA1366, and LGA 115X."

So i'm guessing that could be a reason why we won't have a new MacPro until the new year.

Also announced the new Mobile chips after KabyLake (which Aple hasn't implemented yet) will be 30% faster than KabyLake, so when you buy a new Macbook Pro next month the next Macbook will be faster by 30% by the end of the year/early next year. So we're always on the late technology train

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Jun 3, 2017 at 12:09:44 am

With the integration of Fairlight into Resolve, I will be able to retire one of current grunt boxes that is running CS6, Reaper and Fairlight standalone. I expect at least six months before I can retire this box completely so the timing of the release of the i9 fits with my plan to rebuild that beautiful rack box with an i9 monster. Big question now is do I run Linux instead of WIN?

The Resolve/ Fairlight marriage is a game changer that makes this possible. One grunt box to rule them all. Also looking forward to the NVIDIA developments. They usually announce something amazing in the second half of each year. I must say I am glad there is some push back competition from AMD. We all win with healthy competition.

Return to posts index

Erik Lindahl
on Jun 4, 2017 at 11:33:23 am

Interesting thing regarding this is that Dell has a 8-core Ryzen + RX580 all-in-one very similar looking to an iMac.

I really hope Apple gets its act back together regarding its hardware.

Return to posts index

Ben McCarthy
on Jun 5, 2017 at 7:30:57 pm

Oliver's it looks like the iMac Pro will support these processors, it didn't go to far into the keynote but it looks feasible now, 18 cores 128gb of ram, thunderbolt 3, AMD vega graphics , amazing... the proce is going to sting though :?

Return to posts index

Marcus Samuel-Gaskin
on Jun 5, 2017 at 11:48:19 pm

We're going to have to save up our hard earned $AUD for this Mate. The Aussie pricing will make you faint.

Return to posts index

Ben McCarthy
on Jun 6, 2017 at 2:41:11 am

So true on Aussie pricing, hopefully Vega gets good usage in Resove

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]