FORUMS: list search recent posts

Apple at NAB

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oliver Peters
Apple at NAB
on Apr 25, 2017 at 5:38:36 am
Last Edited By Oliver Peters on Apr 25, 2017 at 5:41:14 am

For those not here, Apple has been involved in a number of presentations at Post Production World and SuperMeet (tomorrow night I believe). Featured speakers include Thomas Grove Carter and David Cerf. The PPW sessions have been very well-attended and worthwhile. Also Apple officially announced that FCPX now has 2 million seats. I know that number has been bandied about on this forum before, but it's obviously recent. Regardless, now it's official.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
Re: Apple at NAB
on Apr 25, 2017 at 9:08:48 am

[Oliver Peters] "Also Apple officially announced that FCPX now has 2 million seats."

Interesting. The last official (not estimated) numbers from Adobe mid last year were that they had 4.252 million CC subscribers in total. And I think we all know which app(s) the vast majority of those subscribers are actually using.

I've always wondered if there is even any way that Adobe can say for sure how many people are using any one app. I don't see how the can do anything but guess. But I suspect there are some at least semi-reliable techniques…

- RK

Return to posts index

Scott Witthaus
on Apr 25, 2017 at 10:32:31 am

I wonder how Adobe counts enterprise or site licenses. For example, they are pushing us hard to get a CC site license for our university. We have 33,000 students, 5,000 faculty and lets say 3,000 staff. If we agreed to a site license for the university would Adobe count 41,000 to their total even though only a small fraction might actually use it?

Can we also now say that Apple is not abandoning the "pro" market, rather quite the opposite?

Scott Witthaus
Owner, 1708 Inc./Editorial
Managing Partner, Low Country Creative LLC
Professor, VCU Brandcenter

Return to posts index

Mathieu Ghekiere
on Apr 25, 2017 at 11:32:46 am

[Scott Witthaus] "Can we also now say that Apple is not abandoning the "pro" market, rather quite the opposite?
"

I think anyone would be foolish to do so. Yes, Apple has a mixed track record, but the last months we have had:
- A big 10.3 FCPX update.
- The hiring of Wes Plate (if I'm not mistaken) from Automatic Duck to go work for Apple
- The hiring of Tim Dashwood, maker of 3D and VR plugins for FCPX.
- The announcement of plans for a new modular Mac Pro and Pro Displays to with it.
- The announcement of a iMac Pro this year.

Exciting times, in my opinion!

https://mathieughekiere.wordpress.com

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Apr 25, 2017 at 12:11:08 pm

[Scott Witthaus] "Can we also now say that Apple is not abandoning the "pro" market, rather quite the opposite?"

Yes, they have made it VERY clear that they aren't

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on Apr 25, 2017 at 12:40:04 pm

[Scott Witthaus] "they are pushing us hard to get a CC site license for our university."

Same here. We have one. Anyone at the school can get a year's worth of CC for some ridiculously low price. Brilliant marketing, that's for sure. Get 'em while they're young and unencumbered! 😉

But a few already had their first really rude awakening after they left the school and realized what that meant in terms of keeping CC. For them, Apple's education pricing was perfectly timed and much appreciated. 😃

- RK

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]