Crash FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kate London
Crash FCPX
on Apr 24, 2017 at 7:49:30 am

Hello,

FCPX 10.2.3 (276640)
A couple of months ago began to crash. One day it did not start at all, then it could only run in safe mode.
Now like it is launched, but crash every 10 minutes (if work, if not work - not crash).
Error report https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aTeMEWC-HodOz3GZGDE5crX48lRqc6CTLazjPYS...

I do not want to upgrade to the new version. I need to finish a complex project first.

Can something be done without risk for the current work? Or FCPX to rearrange without a replacement version, or something else.

ps. I think that this is due to the fact that I cleaned the library - I move folders to the external disk. Maybe because of the fact that many times there and then these folders chased, now buggy. Or, bcz OS and FCPX was used mercilessly 2 years without renews .

Help, plz

Return to posts index

Tony West
Re: Crash FCPX
on Apr 25, 2017 at 12:25:50 am

Does the crash follow a pattern,

Like when you are playing a certain clip?

Return to posts index

Loren Risker
on Apr 25, 2017 at 12:33:58 am

It probably has to do with how you moved your folder to the external disk. Did you do it in the Finder? If so, you should do that in the app. Please add screenshots of your project folder and I bet we can figure it out.

-------------
OutOfFocus.TV - Music Videos 24/7

Return to posts index

Ronny Courtens
on Apr 25, 2017 at 7:29:34 am

Hello Kate,

I agree with Loren. Your crash report shows a crashed thread 0 with the com.flexolibrary indicating a crash due to media that are missing or cannot be linked to. So your issue is indeed related to the fact that you have gone into the library and you have manually moved things out of it via Finder. This will break the links between the FCP X database and the actual media. If you ever need to move things out of a library, there are tools right inside FCP X that will allow you to do this without creating havoc.

If you can post screenshots of your project folder + a screenshot of your clip browser we should be able to guide you through this.

- Ronny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]