FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Join me today in my heroic struggle against the subscription model!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Andrew Kimery
Re: Join me today in my heroic struggle against the subscription model!
on Mar 15, 2017 at 8:21:01 pm

[Bill Davis] "Basically, even if they NEVER DEMAND ANYTHING from you - it's just a straight up BAD DEAL when you get nothing but the opportunity to stay where you are and not have to change too much from how you learned to edit a few decades ago. "

I'm looking a list of credits I'm proud of, a nice annual income, and wondering where this "bad deal" you are talking about resides (and as I've mentioned before, due to the nature of my work I don't worry about amassing a virtual closet full of old projects). Maybe for you personally you think it's a bad deal, or for people in a similar situation as yourself you think it's a bad deal, but calling it a "straight up bad deal" is an inaccurate overgeneralization.

What people have is the opportunity to make a living using a number of products and if they can make a better living using one NLE over another how is that a bad deal? For example, X job opportunities in my neck of the woods are almost like hen's teeth yet you can't swing a dead cat without hitting PPro gigs. I've literally (and I mean literally, not figuratively) seen more job postings in my area for Mandarin/English bilingual editors than I have for editors knowing how to use X. How is having more opportunities to work on gigs I'm excited about *and* having opportunities to make a good living a bad deal?

Do I wish Adobe did somethings different? Sure, but I'm not about to cut of my nose to spite my face. Ideological stubbornness doesn't pay the rent or change the fact that X is just flat out not popular in my area compared to Avid and PPro. Maybe that'll change significantly in the future, maybe not. Either way, I don't really care because I'm cool editing on whatever makes the most sense at the time (workflow-wise, money-wise, personal preference-wise, etc.,). I've got X, Avid, PPro, Resolve (and yes, still FCP7) installed so my bases are covered. I'm a pragmatic dude that edits, not a product evangelist.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]