FORUMS: list search recent posts

Music Videos.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Davis
Music Videos.
on Jan 26, 2017 at 12:50:53 am

11million views in the last 3 days on YouTube alone.

That's what Thomas Grove Carters edit of Ed Sheerans "Castle on the Hill" music video has racked up.

Would have posted the awesome pic he sent out a few days ago of him working on it - in what looked like an airport - on his Touch Bar MBPro - with a comment about how much he enjoyed just having the timeline and full screen monitor since 10.3 added Workspaces - but it would be yet another post about something X does really well - and I know that just brands me more as a clueless fanboy.

But it's REALLY nice work.

So ignore everything else and just enjoy the cut.

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Music Videos.
on Jan 26, 2017 at 1:14:18 am

Yep, nice clip with a decent budget. I'd like to know what camera and the workflow in post.

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Jan 26, 2017 at 2:04:43 am

Agreed. Nice edit job. I wonder if TGC plans to do a blog post of some sort around this. Cutting music videos is a whole different world where FCPX's auditioning and multicam options could really be of benefit. It would be nice to hear some more details.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Jan 26, 2017 at 4:36:00 am
Last Edited By Bill Davis on Jan 26, 2017 at 4:38:22 am

Tom clearly does great work. As does another music video editing friend of ours in London, Vid Price - who recently posted that three years ago he was called to the recently departed George Michaels home in Highgate, London to work on what became the "Let Her Down Easy" video - each have been using X to do high end work in the Music Video space for years.
Vid has a great photo of himself sitting with The artist in a sumptuously elegant study-like room on his MacBook Pro working on this. (Warning: a brief scene of non-gratuitous nudity involved) it will remind you what a absolutely stellar talent we lost when Mr. Michaels passed recently.

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Jan 26, 2017 at 8:51:44 am

I'd be very interested to read more about music video workflows in FCPX, I've edited quite a few low budget music videos with it. I usually put the music track in the primary and edit picture and spot fx in secondary storylines, for me it's one case where the magnetic timeline isn't a major benefit. As Oliver mentioned though, multicam is VERY useful as is auditioning.

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on Jan 26, 2017 at 10:14:02 am

[Bill Davis] "(Warning: a brief scene of non-gratuitous nudity involved)"

😄… only in America.

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Jan 26, 2017 at 5:21:18 pm

I know. But not acknowledging that the forum is open to all sensitivities and cultures, I felt that presuming everyone coming here to learn about editing feels exactly like *I* might about this stuff would be callous.

Plus, it costs nothing to be polite.

😁

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Jan 30, 2017 at 2:35:19 pm

[Robin S. Kurz] "😄… only in America."

Not at all true! We've been visited by people from 225 countries and territories in the past 30 days, and I assure you that many of them are vastly more concerned about this sort of thing than most people in the US are.

I say "most", since of course Creative COW has been part of educational programs around the world since our first founding in 1995. We regularly get thanked for our diligence to ensure that we stay classroom-appropriate, and that inappropriate content is rare, and labeled. We're grateful to all of you for keeping that in mind for regular forum posting, and VERY grateful that you're making note of this on our behalf for external media that we ourselves have not reviewed for appropriateness.

I know that you were making a joke in passing, so I apologize for sounding as if I am scolding YOU. I am not at all! But this is one corner of a site with many millions of people passing through. We HAVE to think about these issues on a massive global scale, because that's the scale we operate on.

The fact is that outside of a handful of northern European states, most of the world looks at the US as a coarsening element, if not even the largest source of the worst media influences. (In the context of this thread, music videos are at the top of the list for the worst of the worst of what the US has to offer the world.) Indeed, we have have been in touch with authorities working at the national level around the globe who spoken to us about this, and have whitelisted us for their countries only after reviewing our monitoring policies.

So far, the ONLY things that ANYONE has ever spoken to us about is nudity and language (ie, nobody has ever mentioned anything political needing monitoring, nor would we expect it to come up in conversation since we discourage all political discourse here anyway), so we deeply appreciate our members helping to assure that we remain in the good graces of the global community on those counts.

Again please note that I do not intend this to scold you, Robin, but to thank EVERYONE here for helping to make Creative COW by far the world's most popular resource for the full range of media production. The entire community's commitment to propriety for general audiences has been part of the reason this has been true for so many years, and we deeply appreciate it.

Tim Wilson
Editor-in-Chief, General Manager
Creative COW

Return to posts index

andy patterson
on Jan 28, 2017 at 11:13:22 am

[Bill Davis] "Would have posted the awesome pic he sent out a few days ago of him working on it - in what looked like an airport - on his Touch Bar MBPro - with a comment about how much he enjoyed just having the timeline and full screen monitor since 10.3 added Workspaces - but it would be yet another post about something X does really well - and I know that just brands me more as a clueless fanboy."

I would like to see the pics so I could see exactly what FCPX did really well that other NLEs could not do?

Or perhaps you could tell me what it is that X does so well. I am curious. I wanna be hip.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]