FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 10.3.1 is out…

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robin S. Kurz
FCP 10.3.1 is out…
on Nov 30, 2016 at 10:21:30 am

https://itunes.apple.com/app/final-cut-pro/id424389933?mt=12

• Fixes an issue with cropped images in the Viewer when the Language & Region System Preference is set to Spanish
• Fixes issues with updating libraries
• Fixes an issue when using Paste Attributes to copy color correction between clips

- RK

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
Re: FCP 10.3.1 is out…
on Nov 30, 2016 at 12:17:07 pm

Well spotted Robin!

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Dec 1, 2016 at 1:39:13 am

Just installed the update. I am hoping Apple will do a more frequent update schedule.

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Dec 2, 2016 at 2:36:09 am

10.3 was a HUGE plumbing change. I suspect there will be more than a few "tune up" releases as it settles down.
Hopefully, they're already working on the next big thing(s) in the FCP X development offices.
(touch bar clip re-timing, here we come maybe?)

Clearly, Apple isn't even close to "done" with the software yet - not if they're still making changes this obviously designed to set X on a path well into the future.

What I've learned to do is stop thinking exclusively in terms of "software features" and instead, start to dream of new editing "strategies." Those are MUCH more exciting.

I've come to see the "feature quest" is almost exclusively driven by editors who have a historic workflow they want to re-capture. Revisiting the past is fine. I enjoy it occasionally, myself. (And for everyone waiting patiently for Remove Attributes - I hope your holiday is now filled with great joy!)

But moving ahead is much more exciting.

My 2 cents.

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on Dec 2, 2016 at 3:19:04 pm

[Bill Davis] "Clearly, Apple isn't even close to "done" with the software yet - not if they're still making changes this obviously designed to set X on a path well into the future."

That actually sums up pretty much what I heard from someone at Apple. To paraphrase, with the implementation of things such as lanes and the new UI, FCP is now has everything most essential to the overall framework in place. The next steps will be the functional expansion and extension of the various areas even further. And that certain things weren't and haven't been implemented until now, because they have (of course) known for a while that they had to reach this milestone first, so as to make those new things rock-solid and not just tacked on because of some whining of a very small part of the user base (that sees themselves as so very important). So yes, I'm certain the next updates will be very very interesting.

[Bill Davis] "I've come to see the "feature quest" is almost exclusively driven by editors who have a historic workflow they want to re-capture."

How very true. See the whole discussion here over EDLs of all things as a perfect example. Including things like EDL export would have gone against everything that FCP X stands for imho, namely FORWARD thinking. Which is why it obviously will never be reimplemented either, and I couldn't be happier. EDLs are the headphone jack of the iPhone and the PCIMCIA-slot of the MBP. Having people still ask me for them, even if extremely rarely and I talk them out of it, it is just such wasted time and energy. There are far far better option that need proliferating to move things AHEAD and apparently Apple are the only ones with enough maracas (and yes, probably cash) to do it.

- RK

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]