FORUMS: list search recent posts

10.3 Snappier audio interface ballistics?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Davis
10.3 Snappier audio interface ballistics?
on Nov 19, 2016 at 5:43:46 pm

I do a good bit of Voiceover work.

Years ago, I switched from recording and posting my VOs in a dedicated audio program — to just doing them in X, because it's internal Voiceover system makes things so easy.

Well, I just sat down to do my first major "audio only" session after upgrading to 10.3 and I'm a little surprised.

It feels like the entire audio editing interface is a bit more refined and precise today.

The attached screen is what I see during my normal process of scanning my recordings to tweak phrase timings and suppress rogue breath sounds.

The thing is, the range selection ballistics - how the software reacts to the changes I make with matching visual changes to the interface - seem to have perceptibly improved in 10.3.

It was fine before. And I've edited hundreds if not thousands of hours of VO in X over the past 5 years without issue. But suddenly, it just feels crisper. When I duck the range to lower JUST a rogue breath sound - it's seems perceptibly easier now both to select exactly the range I want to apply an effect to - and to hit a consistent value doing it.

These are incredibly small changes down deep in the weeds of how the program operates — but it's a nice day when something I do a lot suddenly gets a bit easier to do.

This isn't as flashy as the big Roles/Subroles changes. But I wonder if while they were doing the major audio plumbing revisions, there wasn't somebody looking at other aspects of how the software operates that could be improved a bit as well? Or maybe it's just a side benefit to some other changes Apple was making in X during the revision.

Doesn't matter.

My morning I feel like my work just got a tiny bit easier.

This helps.

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Return to posts index

Claude Lyneis
Re: 10.3 Snappier audio interface ballistics?
on Nov 20, 2016 at 6:12:08 am

I had a similar feeling when I was editing some voice over on an old project with 10.3. It just seemed easier and cleaner.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]