FORUMS: list search recent posts

X on a new MBP from somebody that's actually used it.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Davis
X on a new MBP from somebody that's actually used it.
on Nov 10, 2016 at 8:55:02 pm
Last Edited By Bill Davis on Nov 10, 2016 at 11:01:28 pm

Tomas Grove Carters first report on actually cutting real work with X on a TouchBar MacBook Pro.

Sounds like he's impressed.

http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/12894856

Enjoy

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Return to posts index

Douglas K. Dempsey
Re: X on a new MBP from somebody that's actually used it.
on Nov 10, 2016 at 11:33:36 pm

Bill, this is a great get! I love it; this guy should be on our forum.

You may recall, my first reaction was: Well, the Touchbar is not for me; I park the MBP on a stand, use large monitors, a mouse, a trackpad, an external keyboard.

Now, hearing this testimonial, I'm anxious to get the new MBP 15," wire it to my large LCDs and chuck all my external controls -- resting my hands on the cool aluminum and controlling everything via the built-in keys, trackpad and TouchBar!

Doug D

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Nov 11, 2016 at 12:06:24 am
Last Edited By Bill Davis on Nov 11, 2016 at 3:54:26 am

I invited him here more than a year ago. Just prior to NAB 2015 and soon after his amazing Honda The Other Side - piece hit the web and before it cleaned up at the Arrow Awards in the UK.

He stopped by for a few days.

Folks sorta kept arguing with him that X wasn't "pro" enough for serious work - so he didn't feel it was very useful to stick around.

Appears that's still happening to him. Go figure.

I got to finally meet Tom in person and spend some time talking with him last week in Cupertino at the Apple thing. He's doing great and is delighted to still be cutting everything on X. (At his level they apparently let you use whatever the hell you want - hiring for talent, not for any particular software fluency.)

He and the whole team at Trim Editing in London are doing some truly cutting edge work for some of the biggest clients in the world. If you go back to the linked article, you'll see the word WORK in the last line of the 5th graph is a hyperlink that takes you to Tom's reel.

Kinda makes it hard to support the "it's not for actual pros" thing.

And so it goes.

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Return to posts index

Nick Toth
on Nov 11, 2016 at 1:44:00 pm

[Bill Davis] ""it's not for actual pros""

It baffles me that this attitude is still out there.

I'm convinced that most of those with this view are not willing to try something new nor put any effort into learning it.

Return to posts index

Claude Lyneis
on Nov 13, 2016 at 7:49:23 pm

Great to hear a positive review on the new MBP. I Googled the Samsung SSD T3 2T and found it is looks slick and pricey ~$720. It certainly would be handy for field work.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]