FORUMS: list search recent posts

10.3 and previous version on the same system?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fabrizio D'Agnano
10.3 and previous version on the same system?
on Nov 2, 2016 at 3:13:39 pm

Hello.
I installed 10.3. I am now upgrading the libraries I was working on. Some went through flawlessly, one is showing some issues. It won't upgrade. If I launch El Capitan and open it from the "old" FCPX, everything is fine. I already tried to create a new library, copy the project file onto it and then consolidate media to see if could help, but it won't open in 10.3 anyway. This is the error message:

Having to launch a different OS from a different drive just for that library is a bit annoying, so I was wondering if it was possible to have the two FCPX version installed at the same time. Has anybody already tried?
Thank you.

Fabrizio D'Agnano
Rome, Italy

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: 10.3 and previous version on the same system?
on Nov 2, 2016 at 3:19:09 pm

Someone has tried it, and it seems to work but I won't mess with it.

Next thing to do would be to "Show Package Contents" on the library and delete the Currentversion.flexolibrary file, then launch 10.3

See if that fixes the issue.

Return to posts index

Fabrizio D'Agnano
on Nov 2, 2016 at 3:40:35 pm

Thank you very much, Jeremy.
I deleted that file, and the library upgraded just fine.
Problem solved!

Fabrizio D'Agnano
Rome, Italy

Return to posts index

Tangier Clarke
on Nov 2, 2016 at 7:04:05 pm

I have been running 103 and 10.2.3 on the same computer, one with mac OS Sierra and the other with OS X El Capitan. Both computers have both version of FCP X on them and I launch and use them without issue, EXCEPT

10.2.3 on Sierra I've lost the ability to scrub audio in the inspector.

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Nov 25, 2016 at 2:47:08 am

any progress on this issue? debating the switch to sierra. had no issues on FC 10.3 w capitan. Should I upgrade the OS? Did you do a clean install or not?

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Fabrizio D'Agnano
on Nov 25, 2016 at 9:43:48 pm

After solving the issue of some libraries not getting upgraded, following Jeremy's precious advice, I'm experiencing an almost flawless editing after upgrading to Sierra by a clean install. The only things that happen sometimes are unexpected quits caused by the latest Blackmagic Desktop Video driver (it was the same with El Capitan, I had to revert back to older drivers, and I'm going to do the same now) and skimming sometimes going off. Nothing really serious. I have the feeling everything is snappier, and I'm certain importing from Canon cards is now really much faster, but I can't tell if it's the new OS or FCPX, since I upgraded them together.

Fabrizio D'Agnano
Rome, Italy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]