FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere Pro CC and Adobe app updates

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Connor
Premiere Pro CC and Adobe app updates
on Nov 2, 2016 at 2:02:53 pm
Last Edited By Steve Connor on Nov 2, 2016 at 2:04:35 pm

Where Apple lead Adobe follow, the latest updates to Adobe CC are available now :)

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Premiere Pro CC and Adobe app updates
on Nov 2, 2016 at 3:21:31 pm
Last Edited By Noah Kadner on Nov 2, 2016 at 8:48:47 pm

Adobe seems to be chasing VR in their last few PPro updates. I love viewing VR but can't honestly say I've had a need to edit it just yet. Though of course there's Dashwood for that if I do. Anyone else?

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

Shawn Miller
on Nov 2, 2016 at 4:49:25 pm

[Steve Connor] "Where Apple lead Adobe follow"

Ha ha, good one. ? Although, project Felix looks interesting. VR and AR are bringing 3D creation to the masses, and I'm really excited about that. I'm also anxious to see if performance in AE has been improved... that and having C4D's render engine inside of AE.

Shawn

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Nov 2, 2016 at 4:54:54 pm
Last Edited By Steve Connor on Nov 2, 2016 at 4:58:17 pm

This is going waaayyy beyond "publish to YouTube" in FCPX

https://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/slay-on-social-introducing-the-social...

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Nov 2, 2016 at 5:45:46 pm

Opened up project in Ae.

Purged All.

Tried previewing, immediate crash.

This is so GD brutal.

Return to posts index

Shawn Miller
on Nov 2, 2016 at 5:54:07 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "Opened up project in Ae.

Purged All.

Tried previewing, immediate crash.

This is so GD brutal."

Did you keep the previous version?

Shawn

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Nov 2, 2016 at 5:55:21 pm

Yes, certainly, but the one thing that I was hoping that was improved in Ae, and something that supposedly has been worked through still isn't working.

So. Frustrating.

Return to posts index

Shawn Miller
on Nov 2, 2016 at 6:22:36 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "Yes, certainly, but the one thing that I was hoping that was improved in Ae, and something that supposedly has been worked through still isn't working.

So. Frustrating"

Yeah... I would be mad too. I'm anxious to try the new version, but I'm a bit wary too... downloading now, fingers crossed.

Shawn

Return to posts index

Shawn Miller
on Nov 2, 2016 at 5:53:07 pm

[Steve Connor] "his is going waaayyy beyond "publish to YouTube" in FCPX

https://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/slay-on-social-introducing-the-social....."

Millennials do not care about audio. ? Seriously though, this is pretty slick.

Shawn

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Nov 2, 2016 at 5:54:29 pm

[Shawn Miller] "Millennials do not care about audio. "

Dude, had to turn on CC for that video and read it.

might as well have created a PDF and saved the bandwidth

Return to posts index

Shawn Miller
on Nov 2, 2016 at 6:12:02 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "[Shawn Miller] "Millennials do not care about audio. "

Dude, had to turn on CC for that video and read it.

might as well have created a PDF and saved the bandwidth"

That sucks - I wish they would just stream these things on youtube like normal people!

Shawn

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
on Nov 2, 2016 at 8:04:05 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "might as well have created a PDF and saved the bandwidth"

Ugh. Just Make it a GIF. I haven't got time to read.

Andy

https://plus.google.com/u/0/107277729326633563425/videos

Return to posts index

Scott Witthaus
on Nov 2, 2016 at 8:41:10 pm

I am at the MAX conference and came out of the opening session disappointed in what Premiere was showing. AE templates, 3D integration (and type) and social sharing all seem to be "catch up" features. It could have been the presenter, however, who seemed to want to make himself the center of attention instead of Premiere.

Nice integration of C4D inside of AE. Spark, Felix and XD seemed to be where the push was. And of course the integration of the Adobe products is great and leave me wondering why Apple does not do more.

Heading to an AE session in a few minutes and a Premiere session tomorrow with the hope to be more impressed. The one thing I can say about Adobe, however, is that they are ALL in with our industry. That is impressive. I also like the fact that they are very open to the direction their products are heading in the future.

Scott Witthaus
Senior Editor/Post Production Supervisor
1708 Inc./Editorial
Professor, VCU Brandcenter

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Nov 2, 2016 at 9:04:57 pm

[Scott Witthaus] "social sharing all seem to be "catch up"

Social sharing is "catch up and accelerate past" it's far better than the equivalent in FCPX at the moment

Return to posts index

Scott Witthaus
on Nov 2, 2016 at 9:12:45 pm

[Steve Connor] "Social sharing is "catch up and accelerate past" it's far better than the equivalent in FCPX at the moment"

Perhaps, but the point was that it seemed that Premiere was taking a "breather" if you will and the emphasis was on other products. Adobe stock looked really good especially with the integration of Reuters video and still content.

The other thing I saw and heard a lot of comments are was about the sheer amount of products now being offfered in the CC package. Too many I heard some folks say.

Scott Witthaus
1708 Inc./Editorial

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Nov 2, 2016 at 9:16:47 pm

[Scott Witthaus] "Perhaps"

If it works as advertised then it's definitely much better.

[Scott Witthaus] "Perhaps, but the point was that it seemed that Premiere was taking a "breather" if you will and the emphasis was on other products"

I'm not surprised, they've been adding features to Premiere since CC was launched. Hopefully it's slowed a bit to address some under the hood changes, like its handling of 4K XAVC files :)

Return to posts index

Scott Witthaus
on Nov 2, 2016 at 9:19:40 pm

I was hoping for a new title tool. Alas.

Scott Witthaus
1708 Inc./Editorial

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Nov 2, 2016 at 9:21:17 pm

[Scott Witthaus] "I was hoping for a new title tool. Alas"

I get the feeling that's NEVER happening :)

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Nov 2, 2016 at 9:38:22 pm

I'm going to respond here like I *wish* the community would respond whenever Apple advances the bar.

Adobe has added capabilities for their users.

Stop obsessing on what's still missing and enjoy what you DO have that's new and exciting.

Stop framing everything in the negative.

We're editing in a truly GOLDEN AGE - where the hardware and software is almost universally MIRACULOUS.

I can do things on my PATIO holding a beer - that I couldn't dream of in the $250/quarter hour ADO suites of my youth.

Just enjoy that for a while.

Period.

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Nov 2, 2016 at 9:49:14 pm

[Bill Davis] "I'm going to respond here like I *wish* the community would respond whenever Apple advances the bar.

Adobe has added capabilities for their users.

Stop obsessing on what's still missing and enjoy what you DO have that's new and exciting.

Stop framing everything in the negative."

Stop telling people what to do!

I've done nothing but say how great the FCPX update is over the last few days, just because I mention that one of the new Adobe features is better than the feature in FCPX doesn't mean I'm "Framing it in the negative"

I'm DISCUSSING it on a DISCUSSION forum!

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Nov 2, 2016 at 10:54:38 pm
Last Edited By Bill Davis on Nov 2, 2016 at 11:01:48 pm

Steve,

Pardon me. I now realize that my comment was attached to your comment, so it could easily be mis-construed as a response to THAT post. It wasn't - it was a comment on the entire THREAD.

Please accept my apologies for the mis-understanding.

On both sides of the issue, I see people on ALL the forums bashing the other side today. Dismissing either what Apple has just done, what Adobe has just done - and in a few instances, even trying to get AVID in the fight.

I just see ALL of it as silly.

My screwup. Not yours.

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Return to posts index

Scott Witthaus
on Nov 4, 2016 at 4:26:12 pm

[Steve Connor] "Social sharing is "catch up and accelerate past" it's far better than the equivalent in FCPX at the moment"

After seeing this demoed by a better artist, I have to agree with you, Steve. The cool thing about this new social share panel is not that it has a bunch of presets for various digital outlets, but the damn thing learns what and where you are posting and will start to feed back data and analysis to your system. Sounds like they are taking a bit of the Marketing Cloud functionality and bolting it on to Premiere. That said, if I am an editor working in a post house, I probably don't want my clients analytics coming to my editing system. Great for small or on person operation. Perhaps one station can be set up for social uploads and the data comes back there? Still in beta. But impressive all the same.

One other impressive session was on VR production with an old colleague of mine, Lucas Wilson, as one of three presenters. Not sure if this was recorded or lives online somewhere, but if it does, it is worth a look.

Scott Witthaus
1708 Inc./Editorial

Return to posts index

Shawn Miller
on Nov 2, 2016 at 10:27:12 pm
Last Edited By Shawn Miller on Nov 2, 2016 at 10:51:10 pm

[Scott Witthaus] "I am at the MAX conference and came out of the opening session disappointed in what Premiere was showing. AE templates, 3D integration (and type) and social sharing all seem to be "catch up" features."

How is 3D integration a catch up feature for Adobe? As far as 3D "stuff" goes, Hitfilm is more fully featured than anything from Apple, and they're (Hitfilm) nowhere near Adobe.

Shawn

Return to posts index

Scott Witthaus
on Nov 3, 2016 at 5:20:12 am

[Shawn Miller] "How is 3D integration a catch up feature for Adobe?"

I guess I should have been more clear. 3D in Premiere was couched in 3D text (but you had to go to AE, so it seemed, to do 3D text). Remember how there was so much guffawing about 3D text in FCPx? So in front of 10,000 people at Max, 3D text in Premiere was a yawn.

Look, Adobe impressed me today. In private meetings i told them so...but I did tell them straight up that IMHO and experience, Premiere still lags behind X and why I felt that way. And they were very cool about that and vowed to change my mind. Good luck. I head to a Premiere session tomorrow, so we shall see.

Scott Witthaus
1708 Inc./Editorial

Return to posts index

Shawn Miller
on Nov 3, 2016 at 4:52:26 pm

[Scott Witthaus] "[Shawn Miller] "How is 3D integration a catch up feature for Adobe?"

I guess I should have been more clear. 3D in Premiere was couched in 3D text (but you had to go to AE, so it seemed, to do 3D text). Remember how there was so much guffawing about 3D text in FCPx? So in front of 10,000 people at Max, 3D text in Premiere was a yawn."

Fair enough, but bringing 3D text into Premiere via AE isn't really new, people have been doing that since CS6. The real news here is that Adobe is using Maxon's render engine for extruded shapes and layers, that should make for faster, higher quality renders. I do remember people downplaying the 3D text engine in FCPX, I wasn't sure why anyone cared though - it seemed like a decent tool.

Shawn

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Nov 3, 2016 at 5:14:39 pm

[Shawn Miller] ". I do remember people downplaying the 3D text engine in FCPX, I wasn't sure why anyone cared though - it seemed like a decent tool.
"

I think people were reacting to releasing a 3D text tool when today's design trend tends to be flat.

Yet, I look around on TV and see loads of 3D text and elements, so... I don't know either.

Return to posts index

Shawn Miller
on Nov 3, 2016 at 5:34:18 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "[Shawn Miller] ". I do remember people downplaying the 3D text engine in FCPX, I wasn't sure why anyone cared though - it seemed like a decent tool.
"

I think people were reacting to releasing a 3D text tool when today's design trend tends to be flat.

Yet, I look around on TV and see loads of 3D text and elements, so... I don't know either."

That makes sense. Like you (apparently), I tend to notice anything 3D in film and video, so a 3D text tool in an NLE didn't seem like that big of a deal.

Shawn

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Nov 3, 2016 at 11:20:15 pm

[Shawn Miller] "I think people were reacting to releasing a 3D text tool when today's design trend tends to be flat.

Yet, I look around on TV and see loads of 3D text and elements, so... I don't know either."

That makes sense. Like you (apparently), I tend to notice anything 3D in film and video, so a 3D text tool in an NLE didn't seem like that big of a deal. "

The importance of the C4D rendering engine to me ISN'T for 3D text, but for making motion graphics in 3D, whether in 3D space, or using extruded elements...

...including "flat" extruded elements: flat colors, and extrusion mild enough that the impression doesn't scream "CGI".

Here's a nifty video to illustrate. You can see it in the poster frame, and also the first part of the video. This is straight-up motion graphics, NOT 3D text per se, and certainly not 3D in the sense that any 3D artist would care about.

This is NOT a catch-up feature. This is unique, and way, way in front of what most people are up to.

Return to posts index

Shawn Miller
on Nov 4, 2016 at 12:29:01 am

[Tim Wilson] "[Shawn Miller] "I think people were reacting to releasing a 3D text tool when today's design trend tends to be flat.

That makes sense. Like you (apparently), I tend to notice anything 3D in film and video, so a 3D text tool in an NLE didn't seem like that big of a deal. "

The importance of the C4D rendering engine to me ISN'T for 3D text, but for making motion graphics in 3D, whether in 3D space, or using extruded elements...

...including "flat" extruded elements: flat colors, and extrusion mild enough that the impression doesn't scream "CGI".

Here's a nifty video to illustrate. You can see it in the poster frame, and also the first part of the video. This is straight-up motion graphics, NOT 3D text per se, and certainly not 3D in the sense that any 3D artist would care about.

This is NOT a catch-up feature. This is unique, and way, way in front of what most people are up to."

Hey Tim, all true. But this isn't a new capability, extruding shapes and text had been possible in AE since CS6, the new thing here is the C4D render engine inside of AE... as in, you can use it instead of the ray-trace renderer. A nice thing to have if you're not sporting an Adobe approved nVidia graphics card for ray-trace. I was just saying that it's not a catch up feature because it's been around since 2012. ?

Shawn

Return to posts index

Scott Witthaus
on Nov 4, 2016 at 7:57:30 pm

[Tim Wilson] "This is NOT a catch-up feature"

I was speaking terms of being offered in Premiere. You are talking AE.

Scott Witthaus
1708 Inc./Editorial

Return to posts index

Shawn Miller
on Nov 4, 2016 at 8:12:25 pm

[Scott Witthaus] "[Tim Wilson] "This is NOT a catch-up feature"

I was speaking terms of being offered in Premiere. You are talking AE."

I must have missed something then... isn't the 3D integration in PPro via AE? If so, that's been around for years, if not, I REALLY missed it.

Shawn

Return to posts index

Brian Seegmiller
on Nov 2, 2016 at 10:52:32 pm

For a quality standpoint this video is well...

Return to posts index

charlie seetoh
on Nov 4, 2016 at 2:46:34 pm

As usual, every update, minor or major, is a beta test for it's user. One example, Adobe has taken years trying to solve the well documented memory leak problem, and guess what, CC2017 version is still leaking. They should solve the fundamental problems before rolling out versions after versions of buggy updates. Seriously, what's the use of all the bells and whistles if the programme keep crashing. Just look at the complaints in Adobe forum , and all Adobe did was to advise us to roll back to the earlier version. So today you update to their latest bestest version, come tomorrow, be prepared to roll back again.

Return to posts index

Brian Seegmiller
on Nov 4, 2016 at 3:31:53 pm

That is correct but I was talking about the production quality of the video. The audio is bad. I don't think Adobe would want this on their website.

Return to posts index

Brian Seegmiller
on Nov 4, 2016 at 5:20:35 pm

This video:

https://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/slay-on-social-introducing-the-social...

Return to posts index

Claude Lyneis
on Nov 5, 2016 at 5:50:58 pm

The audio on this video is atrocious and makes it useless and unwatchable. Not professional.

Return to posts index

Scott Witthaus
on Nov 29, 2016 at 4:22:35 pm

Is it just me or has the performance of Premiere taken a hit in CC2017? Very slow open and many times need to force quit out. Plus none of my AE comps will relink. Also, for some reason After Effects thinks I am on a 7 day trial, even though the rest of the package works just fine?

Scott Witthaus
1708 Inc./Editorial

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Nov 29, 2016 at 4:46:55 pm

Its fine for me, especially after the latest update

Return to posts index

Scott Witthaus
on Nov 29, 2016 at 4:55:16 pm

Yeah, I am on the latest update. And it's only AE that thinks it's on a trial.

Scott Witthaus
1708 Inc./Editorial

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]