FORUMS: list search recent posts

I don't suppose 10.3 has batch export of projects, does it?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ed McCarthy
I don't suppose 10.3 has batch export of projects, does it?
on Oct 29, 2016 at 9:16:47 pm

If not (and I assume it's not because I have heard nothing), am I the only person left in the entire world who still needs this functionality? I used to submit it as a feature request every few months to Apple, but it is apparently not considered a priority.

I manage a ton of educational content for a client. One EVENT for every subject lecture, and then a project for each chapter of that subject. There are as many as 30 chapters (projects) for each event. Sometimes the client's branding changes, but most often, I have to re-export a bunch of ProRes masters because they've added new resolutions or made changes to their encoding standards, and I need to encode new files from the masters. So I export new masters, one after the other, command-E - RETURN, command-E - RETURN. Half the time I miss one, or can't tell which ones I have already in the queue, as the queue only shows the name of the file currently being exported.

Anyone else looking for the ability to select multiple projects within an event, hit command-E, and have them all export?

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
Re: I don't suppose 10.3 has batch export of projects, does it?
on Oct 29, 2016 at 9:23:04 pm

[Ed McCarthy] "Anyone else looking for the ability to select multiple projects within an event, hit command-E, and have them all export?"

Yes, I do it in Premiere Pro all the time. It would be nice to have it in X.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Mathieu Ghekiere
on Oct 29, 2016 at 11:07:45 pm

The fact that it still doesn't show all titles of the stuff you have in queu in the background monitor bothers me more. Still, i am very happy with the update.

https://mathieughekiere.wordpress.com

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Oct 30, 2016 at 1:01:39 am

Final Cut Pro Hacks supposedly has a batch export feature. Haven't used it.

Return to posts index

Tangier Clarke
on Oct 30, 2016 at 1:55:00 am

I understand you on the need for that. I wish I knew that rationale for leaving this feature out. It's frustrating to have to go to third party apps for certain (what I would think) basic features like batch export. I had hoped for batch syncing and a feature to handle duplicate clips in the browser when moving events/projects between identical libraries, i.e. home and work.

Return to posts index

Ed McCarthy
on Oct 30, 2016 at 2:24:47 am

Yes, I'm otherwise very happy with the update. Glad to hear I'm not alone on this. For my workflow, this missing feature represents the last vestige of the disastrous initial launch of FCPX. Couldn't be happier with the software otherwise.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Oct 30, 2016 at 2:43:57 am

Forgot this: FCP Hacks

Return to posts index

Mathieu Ghekiere
on Oct 30, 2016 at 10:16:50 am

Just for your information: I've read somewhere that the developer of FCPX Hacks said his program was not safe for 10.3 yet.
Don't have experience with it myself. It looks like it has some nice features, but I don't know if FCPX Hacks has the potential of making FCPX more unstable and if so, I don't know if that's worth it to me (I think the name doesn't help :-p)
Anyone with experience?

https://mathieughekiere.wordpress.com

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Oct 30, 2016 at 1:16:58 pm

[Mathieu Ghekiere] "Just for your information: I've read somewhere that the developer of FCPX Hacks said his program was not safe for 10.3 yet."

It says right on the webpage that all features aren't working, not that it isn't safe.

"FINAL CUT PRO 10.3 USERS:
Currently only a handful of features are activated when running FCPX Hacks on Final Cut Pro 10.3. We’ll be updating FCPX Hacks on this blog over the next few weeks as we slowly update each of the features to work on the new version of Final Cut Pro with its fancy new user interface. Stay tuned!"

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
on Oct 30, 2016 at 4:01:09 am

I'd like this too. If you're not afraid of terrifying Applescripts that press buttons for you, feel free to give this a shot...
https://fcpxpert.net/2015/02/13/geekco-share-o-matic/

-------------------------------------------------------------

~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~I still need to play Track Tetris sometimes. An old game that you can never win~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]