FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video only transition?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Mathis
Video only transition?
on Oct 29, 2016 at 4:01:55 am

I want to apply a video only transition without adding an audio one. In the previous version you could expand the audio and video to this. I no longer see that option. What does show up is expand audio components or expand audio. Unless the audio is detached from the video there is no way to add a video transition without a dissolve being added. What gives? Is there something I might have missed? I do notice when you detach audio the video is a connected clip. When you move the video, the audio moves with it (unless you disable the clip connection). Why did Apple throw me a curve ball?

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
Re: Video only transition?
on Oct 29, 2016 at 4:31:23 am

[David Mathis] "I do notice when you detach audio the video is a connected clip. When you move the video, the audio moves with it (unless you disable the clip connection). Why did Apple throw me a curve ball?"

If that's happening, you're not "detaching" the audio, just expanding the components/subroles. It's different, but very nice once you get the hang of it.

-------------------------------------------------------------

~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~I still need to play Track Tetris sometimes. An old game that you can never win~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]