FORUMS: list search recent posts

OMG - this is HUGE - (FCP-X 10.3)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Zelin
OMG - this is HUGE - (FCP-X 10.3)
on Oct 28, 2016 at 2:50:21 pm

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207128

no more NFS required for FCP-X shared storage !!!!! Someone just showed this to me !

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
Re: OMG - this is HUGE - (FCP-X 10.3)
on Oct 28, 2016 at 3:21:45 pm

And it keeping with the season, it's bigly, too. ?

Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
on Oct 28, 2016 at 3:36:37 pm

[Bob Zelin] "no more NFS required for FCP-X shared storage !!!!! "

Yeah, and it works really well, even on our slow-ass GB Ethernet OS X Server/Mac mini setup. Wonder whats next. Kind of surprised more people aren't talking about this.

Another cool thing being ignored is drag and drop fcpxml support. Haven't found any apps that can use it yet, but this should be interesting too. (try dragging a project, clip, or event from the browser to the desktop)

-------------------------------------------------------------

~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~I still need to play Track Tetris sometimes. An old game that you can never win~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

James Sullivan
on Oct 28, 2016 at 4:33:31 pm

I was waiting for this and am so glad they included it in this update. Now that we can do it, what is the best way to do it?

IE, Is it still a good idea to have the actual cache and everything pointed to the NAS or keep projects on a local SSD and media on the NAS? Before this release, the FCPX brain trust was recommending setting up complicated folder syncing of libraries. WAY TOO Breakable for not much gain in my opinion.

It would be great if this, or a new thread would help illuminate proper, workflow. I have already read the FCP.co links and apple actually typed up a document that outlines some of this but it is still murky to my befuddled brain. Thanks to those diligent advocates who assembled that set of information, all in one place, on the day, no less.

i am off to see how much Sierra will break my small empire and wait for proper Smalltree 10GBs ethernet drivers in the meantime.

T'would be nice to have some video lanes while we're at it....(The first person to suggest compound clips will be dismissed outright) I just want to have graphics and subtitles sit above everything out of the fracking way. I know that patching is frowned upon but having stuff land where I want it too, and not have to move it later keeps my type A in check and is faster in the long run, isn't it?

let's keep this party going,

James

Return to posts index

Michael Hancock
on Oct 28, 2016 at 4:49:29 pm

[James Sullivan] "T'would be nice to have some video lanes while we're at it....(The first person to suggest compound clips will be dismissed outright) I just want to have graphics and subtitles sit above everything out of the fracking way. I know that patching is frowned upon but having stuff land where I want it too, and not have to move it later keeps my type A in check and is faster in the long run, isn't it? "

I agree, but in the meantime - use secondary storylines. It's the closest you'll get to having a dedicated graphics or subtitle "track", but without the ease of editing directly into a tracks.

----------------
Michael Hancock
Editor

Return to posts index

Brett Sherman
on Oct 29, 2016 at 12:57:02 pm

It requires Sierra though doesn't it?

Bob, how is Sierra with a NAS server. I know you haven't recommended some of the latest OS's because they didn't play nice with NAS.

--------------------------
Brett Sherman
One Man Band (If it's video related I'll do it!)
I work for an institution that probably does not want to be associated with my babblings here.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]