FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transitions in FCP X - missing?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lawrence Eaton
Transitions in FCP X - missing?
on Jul 6, 2011 at 11:29:10 am

Morning all,

I'm working my way through FCP X at the moment and was wondering if I've missed something; transitions and of special note the non-additive dissolve.

Can anyone help out with this simple question please?

I do see two transitions in the browser but I need a few more than the two that seemingly come with the product.

All the best,

Lawrence

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
Re: Transitions in FCP X - missing?
on Jul 6, 2011 at 12:29:32 pm

There are 68 transitions in FCPX. There are two dissolves. However cross dissolve has controls, though I see additive, not non-additive, but there may be something similar.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

Lawrence Eaton
on Jul 6, 2011 at 12:49:27 pm

Thanks Tom,

I'm getting used to FCP X and like what I can see 'under the hood' and the rest will come when it comes but in the meantime, I like this new FCP (and no, I've never used iMovie but that's an option I can suggest to people!)

Lawrence

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
on Jul 6, 2011 at 12:53:09 pm

Did you find something like the non-additive dissolve?

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

Lawrence Eaton
on Jul 6, 2011 at 2:12:50 pm

Tom,

Maybe not in the exact word, but playing around with the settings
Cross Dissolve>Look>dark
Cross Dissolve>Amount>75

This is coming very very close.

It would be nice to be able to save these once you have them set up, personally. You probably can, I simply haven't played enough.

Also, knowing that "Cross Dissolve" is probably the most popular dissolve, maybe the FCP dev group at Apple could simply rename it 'Dissolve" and then let there be all of the options inside the jump box? (Bit like the Ken Burns effect?

My ten cents on what is becoming a rather delightful journey through a new application,

Lawrence

Lawrence

Return to posts index

C. Park Seward
on Jul 6, 2011 at 4:44:57 pm

There is no such thing as a "cross dissolve". It should be called "dissolve". I have complained to Apple about them making up names but, as you can see, it hasn't been changed.

"In film editing, a dissolve is a gradual transition from one image to another."

Best,
Park

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
on Jul 6, 2011 at 5:12:41 pm

I gave up years ago on Apple using industry standard nomenclature. They just make up whatever meaningless shit they want. You end up with things like offline have two different meanings in the same application.

All the best,

Tom

Coming in 2011 "Complete Training for FCPX"
and "Final Cut Pro X for iMovie and Final Cut Express Users" from Focal Press

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]