FORUMS: list search recent posts

USB: Another one bites the dust

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Mathis
USB: Another one bites the dust
on Oct 24, 2016 at 6:08:44 pm

Rumor has that USB will be the next to get the ax:

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/no-port-in-a-storm-apple-rumored-to-be-rem...

I do believe that an adapter should allow us to use current USB devices with the new port. I wonder how many people will drill a hole into their new Macbook to install a USB slot. ?

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
Re: USB: Another one bites the dust
on Oct 24, 2016 at 6:37:50 pm

Thing I'm most interested in is the Graphics cards :)

Return to posts index

Shawn Miller
on Oct 24, 2016 at 7:02:39 pm

[Steve Connor] "Thing I'm most interested in is the Graphics cards :)"

What are you hoping for? More options (AMD or Nvidia) or more power (assuming you won't get both)?

Shawn

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Oct 24, 2016 at 7:07:36 pm

More power and RAM!

Return to posts index

Claude Lyneis
on Oct 25, 2016 at 6:11:05 am

Any good rumors that Apple will be coming out with new iMacs and or new MacPro? I wouldn't want to buy an iMac now if the new ones will have all USB-c ports and thunderbolt ports. From the displays in the stores, Apple must be selling way more portables than desktops, but for editing it seems to me that desk tops are the way to go.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Oct 26, 2016 at 7:43:36 pm

This has got me on tenterhooks, as my 6-ish-year-old, 27-inch home iMac, with the optical drive slot and SDHC slots on the side, and plenty of USB AND t-bolt ports - just crapped out it's graphics card this week. I'd been keeping it on the older OS with my FCP7 suite.... and resisting upgrades. I bought it with money from a NASA contract I did and so it has some sentimental value to me as well. At home right now I'm running on an 80-dollar Android Chromebook I normally use for ukulele practice.

I'm betting I missed the widow for having Apple fix this for free, it was a known problem but only just now manifested on my machine - SO I'm wondering what to do - sit tight and see what gets announced this week - go forward with hundreds of bucks in repairs on an old machine, or maybe buy a replacement graphics processor and do my own repair using guides from iFixit.

Return to posts index

Claude Lyneis
on Oct 27, 2016 at 2:32:00 am

The video card in my 2011 27 inch mac died some months back and when I took it in to the Apple Store they said there was a recall and they replaced it for free. It has been running fine since.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]