FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio editing beyond FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Claude Lyneis
Audio editing beyond FCPX
on Oct 10, 2016 at 6:38:12 pm

As a long term user of FCPX, I have been going through the mind bending exercise of editing audio in Pro Tools for some sound editing classes that I am taking. The teacher, who works for Skywalker Sound, can do incredible things with Pro Tools as he layers many levels of ambiance, sfx, dialog together. Of course that is for high level feature films, which are far beyond my aspirations.

My question is, do many editors use another sound editing package with FCPX on complex projects and if so which one (Pro Tools, Adobe Audition, Logic Pro X).? Yes I have X2Pro, which is great, and have made an AAF file or two, but wonder what others think.

Return to posts index

James Culbertson
Re: Audio editing beyond FCPX
on Oct 10, 2016 at 8:17:46 pm

I've played with going to Logic Pro using X2Pro, but generally if I am not sending out to an audio editor (mostly only documentary and broadcast), I will keep most basic audio sweetening in FCPX (compression/limiting, high pass, and a bit of EQ; sometimes iZotope RX or Ozone). Most corporate just doesn't care or budget anymore for a separate audio person (or colorist for that matter).

Occasionally I will run Sound Track Pro do global tasks (eventually I will learn and use Audition instead). And I have used the RX standalone app to get rid of certain bits of audio contamination when there was no other alternative. But these are pretty rare.

Return to posts index

Helge Tjelta
Re: Audio editing beyond FCPX
on Oct 10, 2016 at 8:52:35 pm

I use X2Pro and send it to Nuendo.

Nuendo has a special track called loudness track, with graphical loudness representation, so I have full control over a R128 mix. Just perfect.

Also, the roles setup from FCPX is just killer!

Helge Tjelta
Creative apps for the FCPX ecosystem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]