FORUMS: list search recent posts

Good news

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Connor
Good news
on Sep 7, 2016 at 11:24:24 am

Alex 4D just posted this

https://jobs.apple.com/us/search#&ss=47429395&t=0&so=&lo=0*USA&pN=0&openJob...

Anyone here want the job :)

Return to posts index

Douglas K. Dempsey
Re: Good news
on Sep 7, 2016 at 2:34:24 pm

Haha, we should definitely nominate one of "our own" and thus have an insider to implement our feature list desires!

Who will it be? Oliver, care to move from Florida to Calif?

Doug D

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Sep 7, 2016 at 2:35:19 pm

[Douglas K. Dempsey] "Who will it be? Oliver, care to move from Florida to Calif?
"

Hopefully not Robin or Bill, they would hardly change it all!

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Sep 8, 2016 at 9:30:52 am

Au contraire,
More than a year ago we had a discussion of what we'd all like to see in X on one of the small boards I frequent. I had a list too. But even I knew it was lame and un-inspired. Because all I can think up is limited by my weak experience of what I've already seen elsewhere. And the vast majority of what gets complained about here is exactly that. Over and over I hear "make it more like what I'm used to!" And sorry, but I think thats BORING.
Geez, people STILL show up here and pine for freeking TRADITIONAL audio TRACKS. Wtf?
In the end, what I wanted was for Apple to surprise me the very same way they did with range-based keywords and the magnetic timeline. Implement things that move the whole game forward.
That's interesting.
Oh. I don't have to get a whole new phone because I left mine on the deck and it started raining? Because Jony Ives team figured a way not to need the same headphone hole they've been using since the 1950s.
OK. Let's see what you've got.
Same with the software.

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Return to posts index

Herb Sevush
on Sep 8, 2016 at 12:40:07 pm

[Bill Davis] " Because Jony Ives team figured a way not to need the same headphone hole they've been using since the 1950s."

Not only have i never left my phone out in the rain, I've never heard of someone who did. And for the privilege of fixing something that was never broken you get to spend money on wireless headphones, wireless home speakers, and hey - wireless car radios. Yeah, so buy a new Iphone and then drop another $500 + just so you can listen. And, by the way, Apple is very specific in saying that the iPhone 7 is "splash and water resistant" - NOT waterproof.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Sep 9, 2016 at 9:10:08 pm
Last Edited By Bill Davis on Sep 9, 2016 at 9:31:42 pm

[Herb Sevush] "And for the privilege of fixing something that was never broken you get to spend money on wireless headphones, wireless home speakers, and hey - wireless car radios. Yeah, so buy a new Iphone and then drop another $500 + just so you can listen. And, by the way, Apple is very specific in saying that the iPhone 7 is "splash and water resistant" - NOT waterproof."

Nope.

The iPhone 7 has a lightening to 3.5mm female adaptor included for free.

So you don't have to spend a penny on anything to use EVERYTHING you could use the day before they removed the gaping hole from the unit.

So YOU AND I can listen to all the "dinosaur music" we have each loved since our halcyon youth - cost free.

Ain't life GRAND!

(Oh, and while not strictly "waterproof" the intro video showed that they've designed in a subsystem to actively EJECT water that might get into the Lightening connection. Oddly, last week I was in Hawaii and found myself on top of a dormant volcano on Maui with some friends taking pictures when some of the big winds and rains from last weeks pacific storms came along. My iPhone nestled in my shirt pocket survived, but if I'd accidentally put it in the pocket with the headphone jack pointing skyward... - I kinda wonder. Safer is BETTER. Period.)

A panorama from the top - enjoy!

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Return to posts index

Herb Sevush
on Sep 9, 2016 at 10:07:07 pm

[Bill Davis] "The iPhone 7 has a lightening to 3.5mm female adapter included for free."

Oh good, so in order to get the same i/o I need to carry around an adapter. How about if Apple offered the new wireless system but kept the old 3.5 input and had a rubber stopper to fill the hole when not needed. That way everyone gets what they want without a separate adapter - or is that too un-cool for the demographic?

[Bill Davis] " My iPhone nestled in my shirt pocket survived, but if I'd accidentally put it in the pocket with the headphone jack pointing skyward... - I kinda wonder. Safer is BETTER"

That's it - let's worry that the tiny input in your phone in your pocket is going to fill up with water from the rain - I'd be more worried about the volcano coming to life and burning you and your iphone to a crisp, lightening connector and all.

On the other hand, Maui looks nice.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Sep 8, 2016 at 1:06:30 pm

[Bill Davis] "I don't have to get a whole new phone because I left mine on the deck and it started raining? Because Jony Ives team figured a way not to need the same headphone hole they've been using since the 1950s."

I know what you mean. I get water in Premiere through the EDL hole all the time.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Sep 9, 2016 at 10:33:38 am

[Bill Davis] "In the end, what I wanted was for Apple to surprise me the very same way they did with range-based keywords and the magnetic timeline. Implement things that move the whole game forward."

Yes, I want Apple to give me great features that I didn't know I needed but end up finding them invaluable

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Sep 7, 2016 at 4:23:42 pm

I nominate Charlie Austin for the job! ;-)

All we need is a well color graded dancing cat video on the welcome screen.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Sep 7, 2016 at 2:43:07 pm

So they're finally going to hire someone and start working on the next FCPX update. ;-)

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Sep 7, 2016 at 5:25:41 pm

Hopefully they worked the last guy so hard he finally quit.

Return to posts index

James Culbertson
on Sep 7, 2016 at 6:15:19 pm

The rumor I heard is they are bring the Yak back.

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Sep 8, 2016 at 12:43:45 pm

It depends on whether this job is really for the position stated. Apple has a history of hiring people for one job only to put them in a different division. But, assuming that it's as stated, then that person needs to be able to envision the product 5 years down the road and that's hard for most folks to do.

Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Bob Woodhead
on Sep 10, 2016 at 10:37:37 am

[Steve Connor] "Anyone here want the job :)"

We should ask Tim Wilson to apply the forum for the job.

From the 1st line of the job post:
The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of non-linear video editing, workflow, audio and video finishing. The candidate should understand a wide breath of video editing workflows that range from consumers to professional editors. The candidate should be detailed oriented and able to visually express ideas and thoughts in a variety of ways. The candidate will be able to translate their years of post production experience into designs that create features and applications that exemplify Apple's commitment to it's users.

If that isn't this entire forum, I'll be dipped in yak shite.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]