FORUMS: list search recent posts

Apple Must Be Thrilled ...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Figgiani
Apple Must Be Thrilled ...
on Aug 25, 2016 at 8:20:20 pm

How many NDA's were signed for this secret FCPX Roadmap presentation that took place 4 months ago at NAB? It's amazing - not a single feature and/or potential release date leak has surfaced in the press or within the community. What's interesting is before they started releasing public OS betas, future (NDA bound) features and enhancements were immediately publicily disclosed the very second the software was made available to Developers. With regards to this FCPX NDA - Apple must be thrilled.

I'm curious to see what's in store. All I've heard is "you will be happy."

-paul.

Return to posts index

joe mordecai
Re: Apple Must Be Thrilled ...
on Aug 25, 2016 at 9:18:10 pm
Last Edited By joe mordecai on Aug 25, 2016 at 9:20:56 pm

I heard the same thing: "I think you'll be very happy this fall." This coming from a friend in the know. I think it's going to be big.

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
on Aug 27, 2016 at 3:22:24 am

[joe mordecai] "I heard the same thing: "I think you'll be very happy this fall." This coming from a friend in the know. I think it's going to be big."

If it's got big changes, and things play out as they usually do, some people will be very happy, and others will whine and complain vigorously. :-) Maybe it will rekindle the "or not" debate!

-------------------------------------------------------------

~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~I still need to play Track Tetris sometimes. An old game that you can never win~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

Erik Lindahl
on Aug 27, 2016 at 8:37:03 am

I wonder if the same presentation will be held at IBC this year? Would be interesting to see where FCPX is heading. Even if we jumped ship to Premiere a few years ago FCPX internals have always impressed.

Return to posts index

Ronny Courtens
on Aug 30, 2016 at 12:29:19 pm

All I know is that some people who register for the special IBC event will certainly be "very happy".

The most important thing about this event is that we will be able to demo some of the latest technologies and workflows, and that we will be able to record some pretty amazing presentations:

http://www.fcp.co/final-cut-pro/articles/1847-fcpx-tour-ibc-announced-10-11...

- Ronny

Return to posts index

Erik Lindahl
on Aug 30, 2016 at 12:41:09 pm

What event would that be? The "Final Cut Pro X State of the Union" or something else?

Return to posts index

Ronny Courtens
on Aug 30, 2016 at 5:14:23 pm

I'm afraid you will need to register and be there.

- Ronny

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on Aug 30, 2016 at 5:35:29 pm

One can only assume that he was being "funny", seeing that any and all infos on what it is and will be is available on the page you linked to.

[Ronny Courtens] "you will need to register"

Wow. One has to register for every session individually?? I hadn't actually even seen that one needs to register at all until now. But that seems a tad excessive, no? Should that not simply be on a day basis? Because I can't in fact say when I'll be able to show up or how long I'll stay, so I'd have to register 23 times just to be on the safe side. (O_o)

Cheers,
Robin

Return to posts index

Ronny Courtens
on Aug 30, 2016 at 6:01:52 pm

Hey Robin. Nope, you can register for an entire day unless you only want to attend specific presentations. No different from last year. Looking forward to seeing you there!

- Ronny

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on Aug 30, 2016 at 6:12:52 pm

[Ronny Courtens] "you can register for an entire day"

Okay. Then color me stupid, because all I'm seeing on the linked registration page are the registrations for the individual sessions… sorry, what am I missing?

[Ronny Courtens] "Looking forward to seeing you there!"

Ditto! Can't wait what you guys have cooked up! ;-) Certainly looks good!

Cheers,
Robin

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Aug 30, 2016 at 6:15:18 pm

The first item at 9.00am says "Not sure when you can make it? Register and arrive when you can." I assume this is it

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on Aug 30, 2016 at 6:38:25 pm

[Steve Connor] "The first item at 9.00am says "Not sure when you can make it?"

If so, then the part about "10th September, 2016 09:00 (1 hour)" is rather misleading. I was thinking the same, but… oh well, I'll give it a shot. Otherwise they'll just have to put up with a big nose-print of mine on the window. :-P

- RK

Return to posts index

Ronny Courtens
on Aug 30, 2016 at 8:24:45 pm

You are absolutely right, Robin. That time indication is misleading and it shouldn't be there. I will ask Soho Editors to change this.

- Ronny

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on Aug 27, 2016 at 5:06:23 pm

[Charlie Austin] "some people will be very happy, and others will whine and complain vigorously."

Damn. Beat me to it. :-P

No matter what or how much it is, there are those waiting in the wings to trash-talk it no matter what, rest assured. And I think we can already take bets on who it will be first and foremost here, no? ;-D

"Nobody needs THAT!!" (3D text anyone?) "THAT'S still missing??!" (espresso maker or sundry feature somehow everyone needs to be "pro"?)

But mainly to justify having made the choice to something else 5 (or less) years ago… as if anyone actually cared.

- RK

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
on Aug 28, 2016 at 1:50:05 am

[Robin S. Kurz] "No matter what or how much it is, there are those waiting in the wings to trash-talk it no matter what, rest assured. And I think we can already take bets on who it will be first and foremost here, no? ;-D"

[Robin S. Kurz] "But mainly to justify having made the choice to something else 5 (or less) years ago… as if anyone actually cared."

This sentiment also perfectly sums up the Adobe Creative Cloud Debate forum every NAB and December (for the mid-year bug fix releases). I'll be linking to this in the future! :-)

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
@CutColorPost

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Aug 28, 2016 at 10:37:34 am

[Robin S. Kurz] "But mainly to justify having made the choice to something else 5 (or less) years ago… as if anyone actually cared.

- RK
"

Sure there are a couple of people who pop back regularly to stir up some debate but most of the feature requests or complaints about missing features on here come from people who actually use FCPX.

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on Aug 30, 2016 at 9:32:57 am

[Steve Connor] "the feature requests or complaints about missing features"

Only I wasn't talking about either.

Even I have a list of both, as does anybody that (actually) uses any software on a regular basis. Only I air those where it actually makes sense and is constructive.

- RK

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]