FORUMS: list search recent posts

OT: Is Speed Grade in line to get the ax?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Mathis
OT: Is Speed Grade in line to get the ax?
on Jul 6, 2016 at 9:05:40 pm

Was looking at some posts in the other "A" company forum to find this of interest:

https://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/3/988527

What does this mean for Premiere Pro users going forward? Could it be Adobe taking the same path Apple did five years ago? Are they now integrating part of a color grading software package into the editor side of the equation?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: OT: Is Speed Grade in line to get the ax?
on Jul 6, 2016 at 11:47:15 pm
Last Edited By Noah Kadner on Jul 6, 2016 at 11:47:38 pm

I'd guess with the level of metrics Adobe collects on their apps they surmised almost no one was using Speed Grade. And the ongoing dev costs weren't justified.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jul 7, 2016 at 12:07:18 am

I think that Adobe and Ablackmagic (ha!) are both looking to eliminate round tripping by combine powerful color and editorial tools into a single set, but are approaching it from opposite ends.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on Jul 7, 2016 at 5:12:54 am

BM is giving away a 95% fully functioning version of a an industry leading color grading application for free. Hard to compete with that. I love the way Adobe has integrated PPro and SG (It's what I always wanted when I used FCP and Color), but once the Lumetri Panel made an appearance in PPro (and SG didn't get a mention) I had a feeling SG wasn't long for this world.

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
on Jul 7, 2016 at 8:50:15 pm

I love Lumetri Color!

Good riddance Speed Grade!

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media Inc.
Video Production, Post, Studio Sound Stage
Founder/President/Editor/Designer/Animator
http://www.tiltmedia.com

Return to posts index

Santiago Martí
on Jul 7, 2016 at 9:31:38 pm

Tangent Elements support is one of the best things in the latest release. Editing faster everyday.

Santiago Martí
http://www.robotrojo.com.ar
Red Epic Dragon, Sony FS7, Sony a7S, Red Pro Primes, Adobe CC, Assimilate Scratch

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Jul 7, 2016 at 10:05:21 pm

I floated this question at NAB and was told that no decision had been made. SGCC is still in the line-up, but not updated in the latest round. The general explanation I received was that the landscape for color correction tools and SpeedGrade in particular has changed between the time Adobe acquired SG and now. Much of the SG technology has been integrated into Premiere Pro CC. I'm sure Adobe can track the usage and they probably don't see SG on the radar for any newer users. So, draw your own conclusions.

Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jul 8, 2016 at 11:05:06 am

[Oliver Peters] "The general explanation I received was that the landscape for color correction tools and SpeedGrade in particular has changed between the time Adobe acquired SG and now. Much of the SG technology has been integrated into Premiere Pro CC. I'm sure Adobe can track the usage and they probably don't see SG on the radar for any newer users."

Back when Adobe bought IRIDAS in 2011, Resolve had no editorial toolset and Resolve Lite was still feature-limited to two color correction nodes.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Jul 8, 2016 at 10:43:17 pm

[Andrew Kimery] "once the Lumetri Panel made an appearance in PPro (and SG didn't get a mention) I had a feeling SG wasn't long for this world."

Ditto.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]