FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP X Project to DVD and Blu-ray Workflow????

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken Bennett
FCP X Project to DVD and Blu-ray Workflow????
on Jul 1, 2016 at 6:43:14 pm

I'm new to FCP X and need to produce DVDs and Blu-ray for my clients. And from my so-called research found Adobe's Encore is probably the best answer. However, I still can't get a clean DVD burn that does not display "wavy lines" when my camera is panning left or right. Looks like an interlace issue. The same video project renders out as MP4 looks great for online delivery.

The source footage is HDV 1080/60i. What should I be rendering (parameters/settings) out of FCP X to get clean stable DVDs and Blu-rays?

Thanks

Ken Bennett
Video Adventures
Capturing Your Life's Adventures!

Return to posts index

Darren Roark
Re: FCP X Project to DVD and Blu-ray Workflow????
on Jul 1, 2016 at 7:26:08 pm

[Ken Bennett] "The source footage is HDV 1080/60i. What should I be rendering (parameters/settings) out of FCP X to get clean stable DVDs and Blu-rays?
"

You can make great DVDs and Blu-Rays from FCP X with very basic menus. Most of my clients just want the show to play when they put the disc in so it hasn't been a problem for me. I can see that could be an issue for some.

You can also make a Compressor setting and encode the streams there to go to Encore.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: FCP X Project to DVD and Blu-ray Workflow????
on Jul 2, 2016 at 4:19:09 am

Sounds like the field dominance may not match. HD formats are upper field dominant when interlaced.

DVDs in the NTSC world I think are lower field dominant (I mostly work in PAL). You might have to either deinterlace ( not recommended unless you want that progressive look, or use Compressor/ Media Encoder to swap the field dominance when making the m2v file.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]