<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charlie Austin
Luddites Rejoice!!!
on Jun 18, 2016 at 8:54:11 pm

Found on the internets...

-------------------------------------------------------------

~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~I still need to play Track Tetris sometimes. An old game that you can never win~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
Re: Luddites Rejoice!!!
on Jun 18, 2016 at 9:37:00 pm

Beating Jeremy to this:

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Jun 19, 2016 at 2:36:14 pm

And speaking of "bring out your dead" (I love Monty Python, and that type of humor) -

A big hug out to Oliver Peters, that posted the link for updating your Mac 2009 4,1 into a 5,1 with a firmware update, so it can run macOS Sierra. My 2009 4,1 Mac Pro is now a 5,1 - so I can avoid purchasing a used 5,1.

My two favorite websites - without question - are Google, and Creative Cow. It's amazing what you can find on both !

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Jun 19, 2016 at 3:30:37 pm

You are welcome, Bob.

- Oliver

Orlando, FL

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Jun 18, 2016 at 10:09:28 pm

http://www.sierra.com

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Jun 18, 2016 at 11:05:27 pm

Oh no! Are those tracks? The horror!

Return to posts index

Rick Lang
on Jun 19, 2016 at 12:36:33 pm

Charlie, do you know if that "Aperture formerly known as a Pro App" is supported in Sierra?

I still haven't found something to replace it completely. Capture One (I don't have it) great for stills including DNG; I don't think it manages CinemaDNG though and it's not as strong in the photo library management. To me that was what Aperture does/did best. Adobe Lightroom (don't have) is still available for purchase so that's an option. On1 (have it) is coming out with Photo Raw in a few months and that does include DNG (and supports batch processing so it might handle CinemaDNG in a fashion); but library management is rudimentary.

Rick Lang

iMac 27” 5K Retina 4GHz 32GB/4GB, URSA Mini 4.6K PL, Pegasus2 R6 24TB, Resolve Studio 12.5

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Jun 19, 2016 at 3:34:25 pm

[Rick Lang] "Charlie, do you know if that "Aperture formerly known as a Pro App" is supported in Sierra? "

It seems the answer is probably, for now.

https://photoapps.expert/tips/2016/6/14/will-aperture-work-macos-sierra#.V2...

- Oliver

Orlando, FL

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
on Jun 19, 2016 at 3:34:28 pm

[Rick Lang] "Charlie, do you know if that "Aperture formerly known as a Pro App" is supported in Sierra? "

No idea... I just reposted that pic. :-) There has been some discussion though, that while the QTKit Headers are removed, meaning you can't compile new apps, the frameworks are still there, so older apps should still run. If that pic is real, seems like that's the case.

-------------------------------------------------------------

~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~I still need to play Track Tetris sometimes. An old game that you can never win~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Jun 20, 2016 at 1:09:42 am

I have been considering using Fusion or Resolve to deal with stills instead of photoshop (I have CS6). The problem is some camera raw but I can tell you that cinemaDNG is not a problem. One thought was to take my Canon 5D Raw into photoshop to process the raw and then save as a photoshop file and that can then be opened in Resolve where I am much more proficient in grade and image manipulation especially keys, masks and using all my Boris plugins. the latest noise reduction in Resolve is also really impressive.

Fusion is still a learning curve but it would be even more powerful as an still image manipulation tool.

Return to posts index

Rick Lang
on Jun 20, 2016 at 1:26:36 am

Michael, well that’s thinking outside the box! I’ll take a look at Fusion (never opened it) but I can see how Resolve might work too with smart bins and keywords, favourites, etc. No neat file renaming on Import like Aperture would do for me.

Rick Lang

iMac 27” 5K Retina 4GHz 32GB/4GB, URSA Mini 4.6K PL, Pegasus2 R6 24TB, Resolve Studio 12.5

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]