FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve 12.5 in Apple App Store

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Mathis
Resolve 12.5 in Apple App Store
on Jun 17, 2016 at 6:02:26 pm

Just looked this afternoon and the latest version of Resolve is now available in the App Store as of today.

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
Re: Resolve 12.5 in Apple App Store
on Jun 17, 2016 at 6:39:57 pm

I don't know if it's still applicable or not but I've heard that you shouldn't use the App Store for Resolve because it doesn't get regular updates like the version you can download directly from BM.

Return to posts index

John Davidson
on Jun 17, 2016 at 9:28:06 pm

Maybe that's a good thing?

John Davidson | President / Creative Director | Magic Feather Inc.

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Jun 17, 2016 at 10:03:38 pm

I do have the Studio version which requires the hardware dongle. The good thing about downloading from tne Blackmagic Design website is that can always revert back to an older version, if needed. As far as I know that is not possible in the Apple App Store at the moment.

Tetris is my favorite video game unless tracks are involved.

Return to posts index

Darren Roark
on Jun 17, 2016 at 10:12:40 pm

[Andrew Kimery] "you shouldn't use the App Store for Resolve because it doesn't get regular updates like the version you can download directly from BM."

There were some sandboxing related limitations that may still be there.

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Jun 18, 2016 at 8:52:18 pm

I don't know if anyone really uses the collaboration feature in Resolve Studio, but I believe that's also not in the App Store version.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Rick Lang
on Jun 19, 2016 at 12:46:53 pm

I may be out of date on this, but I think the desktop version doesn't support NVIDIA GPUs. I've not had an NVIDIA for quite a while so not following that issue. Since I now use Resolve Studio, I always download the updates from the BMD site after I 'remove' the previous version as BMD recommends.

Prior to getting that dongle with the URSA Mini 4.6K PL, I did use the free version as an App. Can't get rid of the persistent auto notification on all my screens that I have Updates from the App Store which are now irrelevant and possibly dangerous to upgrade.

Rick Lang

iMac 27” 5K Retina 4GHz 32GB/4GB, URSA Mini 4.6K PL, Pegasus2 R6 24TB, Resolve Studio 12.5

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]