- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

David Mathis
Re: Resolve 12.5
on Jun 8, 2016 at 4:17:50 pm

Kudos to the team for a nice update! They just updated Fusion as well and they came out with Fusion Connect for Avid users.

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on Jun 8, 2016 at 5:25:02 pm

[David Mathis] "They just updated Fusion as well and they came out with Fusion Connect for Avid users."

I'm glad BM are keeping that feature. I was afraid they'd kill it after they bought Fusion.

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Jun 8, 2016 at 9:02:50 pm

That was probably a concern for many. At least we do know Blackmagic does listen.

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Jun 9, 2016 at 2:32:42 am

What do they mean by final release?

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Jun 9, 2016 at 4:13:15 am

[David Mathis] " What do they mean by final release?"

Not public beta. There will be many more versions of Resolve to come. I wonder if they will skip 13?

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Jun 9, 2016 at 3:24:52 pm

Thanks! That is what I thought they were saying, just an interesting choice of words. After seeing what Fusion is capable of I really see no point in using After Effects anytime soon. Now if there was only a Fusion Connect available for FCP things would be pretty darn cool.

Return to posts index

Ricardo Marty
on Jun 9, 2016 at 4:19:31 pm

AE has roto brush which is very cool and so is the warp stabilzer. I dont thik davinci and resolve have anythin like it.

Ricardo Marty

Return to posts index

Rick Lang
on Jun 19, 2016 at 12:54:54 pm

Ricardo, Resolve 12.5 includes a lot of support for tracking for stabilization including user-specified points in addition to the 'automatic' generation of points. I like the results I can achieve although it does take some time setting the various points in a clip. I cannot compare it to warp stabilizer, which could well be superior, since I don't subscribe to CC.

Rick Lang

iMac 27” 5K Retina 4GHz 32GB/4GB, URSA Mini 4.6K PL, Pegasus2 R6 24TB, Resolve Studio 12.5

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Jun 20, 2016 at 1:13:31 am

For a while I was round tripping back to Pr to use warp stabilize because it was much better but with recent improvements in Resolve's tracking and stabilizing I haven't done this for a while. Warp Stabilize has improved beyond my CS6 version so it is hard to say how it compares.

Return to posts index

Darren Roark
on Jun 20, 2016 at 2:25:59 am

[Michael Gissing] "with recent improvements in Resolve's tracking and stabilizing I haven't done this for a while."

Have you tried the Lock&Load trial from Coremelt? It's a lot better than the built in FCP X stabilizer. I haven't needed to go to AE for a while now.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Jun 20, 2016 at 2:57:15 am

[Darren Roark] "Have you tried the Lock&Load trial from Coremelt? "

No I haven't. Between Resolves built in and Warp Stabilize I have things covered. And I have to try the OFX Boris Continuum Optical Stabilizer driven by Mocha in the updated version I just installed.

Return to posts index

Darren Roark
on Jun 9, 2016 at 3:50:35 pm

[Michael Gissing] "I wonder if they will skip 13?"

Boy, I sure hope so.

Just the thought is making my triskaidekaphobia flare up.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]