FORUMS: list search recent posts

So, did you do any early Christmas shopping?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Mathis
So, did you do any early Christmas shopping?
on Apr 19, 2016 at 7:27:50 pm

While waiting for an announcement on Color Finale, which should be huge, I decided to do a little early shopping this year. Just purchased Slice X along with Track X from Coremelt last week. Bought a couple of things from Motion VFX today. Yesterday was Resolve 12.5 beta. Man, all that shopping has me worn out!

;-)

So, what did any of you buy?

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: So, did you do any early Christmas shopping?
on Apr 19, 2016 at 8:56:00 pm

I was going to buy the Blackmagic Ursa Micro that didn't happen. ;)

Really looking forward to that free upgrade to Color Finale Pro.

The DJI Osmo with their announced Z Axis thing made that a bit more interesting. Considering the PilotFly H2 and wanted to see if any other single handed gimbals with encoders and that kind of payload were announced but apparently not.

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Apr 19, 2016 at 9:09:34 pm

Have yet to see what is new with Color Finale, hoping to see something on his website soon.

Resolve looks somewhat interesting but still not a viable editor as of yet. For me, this NAB was a little disappointing, not sure why. Was hoping for some update to Final Cut but that did not happen.

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on Apr 19, 2016 at 9:44:01 pm

I've only been window shopping...

[David Mathis] "Was hoping for some update to Final Cut but that did not happen."

Bill said you had to sign an NDA to get into the offsite FCPX event at NAB so that probably means they are going to announce something soon.

Return to posts index

Scott Witthaus
on Apr 20, 2016 at 12:53:13 pm

[David Mathis] "Resolve looks somewhat interesting but still not a viable editor as of yet."

I have the 12.5 public beta version and it's a lot better, in terms of responsiveness, than 10 and 11. All that said, I am getting mysterious permissions errors that are preventing me from trying out their version of dynamic linking to Fusion. And the Cow Resolve forum is not that active with answers.

Scott Witthaus
Senior Editor/Post Production Supervisor
1708 Inc./Editorial
Professor, VCU Brandcenter

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Apr 20, 2016 at 8:10:26 pm

Upgrade for Color Finale will not be free. It will be $49 USD, still a nice set of tools coming. I was hoping for additional secondary tools but still excited to see the update will be next month.

Return to posts index

Claude Lyneis
on Apr 24, 2016 at 4:25:07 pm

If the new version of Color Finale stops crashing FCPX, that would be worth 50 bucks.

Return to posts index

Daniel Frome
on Apr 20, 2016 at 11:07:14 am

Not FCPX related but --

I`ll be picking up the Izotope RX plugin pack. Its`so cheap, and so good for all kinds of audio fixes.

Next stop, Baselight 5.0 (for Avid). The documentation looks amazing. I just want to see the demo. I`ll punk down the credit card as soon as it`s available, most likely.

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Apr 20, 2016 at 12:56:54 pm

Due to the dollar I took my fingers off a few major components to my RED system :(
Yes I am Canadian ;)

Return to posts index

Kannan Raghavan
on Apr 20, 2016 at 5:26:55 pm

Just bought Plural Eyes 4 and Film Convert Pro bundle both at 25%off:). Will have to buy RX5 too, this month's deal is pretty good.

Kannan Raghavan
The Big Toad Films Pte. Ltd.

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Apr 20, 2016 at 8:18:00 pm

Going to buy this puppy:

http://www.tangentwave.co.uk/products_ripple.asp

I still cannot believe how "expensive" it is! ;-)

Return to posts index

michael jacobson
on Apr 21, 2016 at 5:30:16 pm

My family and I had our first present-free Christmas last year, and it was our best Xmas ever.

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Apr 21, 2016 at 6:22:36 pm

[michael jacobson] "My family and I had our first present-free Christmas last year, and it was our best Xmas ever.
"

We've been doing it for years. I figured it would be a little nicer, but I'm truly amazed at how much better it is.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]