FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve 12.5

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Mathis
Resolve 12.5
on Apr 18, 2016 at 5:14:26 pm

A new version of Resolve has been announced today and is available as of today, in beta form of course.

One thing that really got my attention is Fusuon Coonect feature. Send clips over to Fusion, composite and the clip is replaced automatically in the Resolve timeline. There are now easy presets when exporting and so many other great features. Available today!

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
Re: Resolve 12.5
on Apr 18, 2016 at 5:17:24 pm

I thought you'd be excited about that :)

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Apr 18, 2016 at 5:18:59 pm

Now if they would only get rud of those damn tracks! ;-)

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Apr 18, 2016 at 6:04:25 pm

Another stupefying release from BMD. Details here: https://news.creativecow.net/story/881602

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Apr 18, 2016 at 6:11:07 pm

Performance appears to be improved, but still not brilliant!

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Apr 18, 2016 at 6:27:24 pm

Which is why X makes sense to me. They did add lens fares so JJ Abrams should be happy. :-)

Return to posts index

Simon Ubsdell
on Apr 18, 2016 at 8:05:14 pm

[Steve Connor] "Performance appears to be improved, but still not brilliant!"

You can keep the other 999 improvements ... "right click Send to Fusion" is the most exciting thing I've heard in years!

Simon Ubsdell
tokyo productions
hawaiki

Return to posts index

Scott Witthaus
on Apr 18, 2016 at 10:50:06 pm

[Simon Ubsdell] " "right click Send to Fusion" "

Kind of like "Send To AE" or now "Share with Motion"....

Scott Witthaus
Senior Editor/Post Production Supervisor
1708 Inc./Editorial
Professor, VCU Brandcenter

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Apr 19, 2016 at 1:05:44 am

I said it months ago, the pace of development of Resolve is amazing and the direction is clear. Send to Fusion is an example of just how focused the dev team is on creating a cracking finishing tool that is almost monthly getting better as an originating editor. It certainly does both for my simple edit needs and more complex finishing.

I don't want to start sounding like a fan boi so I won't pretend it is more than it currently is. For me as a grader who needs finishing tools that are well integrated, this beta release plus Boris CC 10 OFX is making life easier. I have been on the edge of licensing Adobe CC for months and now I see little point. I wish I could just get Media Encoder, Lightroom and Photoshop as a cheaper bundle however. Fusion may make Lr & Ps unnecessary but a good all round media encoder is still missing from the package. I see Resolve is improving things on the Deliver page so I might be OK. CS6 Media Encoder is just still hanging in there.

NVIDIA is about to announce the new Titan X cards which more than double the performance and CUDA of the current Titan. If you have serious grunt under the hood then performance comparisons to X or CC are less of an issue. If you want to edit on a laptop...

Return to posts index

Ricardo Marty
on Apr 19, 2016 at 2:18:50 am

New QuickTime ProRes remote render jobs to supported platforms can now be created from Windows

I saw this in the new stuff list. im not a mac user but dies this mean resolve coud transcode to prores?

Ricardo Marty

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Apr 19, 2016 at 2:30:08 am

That would be very handy Ricardo. At the same time though, Windows users are being advised to dump Quicktime. I wish the world would settle on mxf DNxHR as a master file.

Return to posts index

Ricardo Marty
on Apr 19, 2016 at 2:35:16 am

Yes i heard, apple is no longer supporting qt in the windows platform. and its neccesary for the resolve instaltion. prores is probably whats helping to sell macs in the pro field.

Ricardo marty

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]