FORUMS: list search recent posts

Keyflow Pro 1.5 - Server Time!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Davidson
Keyflow Pro 1.5 - Server Time!
on Apr 12, 2016 at 4:32:38 pm

Here's the big update. This is the server update and will be featured in the presentation next week.

Also, $199 for a limited time. If you get this a couple of suggestions:

1. TURN ENCODING PREVIEWS ON
2. TURN ENCODING PREVIEWS ON
3. If you operate on a single network drive system, I suggest letting KFP manage your media for you.

This is the update that lets you favorite, tag, and do lots of fun stuff to a server system from a connected system. You can also add markers to any video clip as an annotation. When you select 'send to fcpx' you get an xml import with markers attached to a video file. If you already have that same video file on a different event, drag the updated file with markers into the same event and delete the old video file. Edits will continue to work from the updated video file seamlessly.

Connecting to a remote server can be a little confusing at first. The tutorial videos on their site will help but I'm also fine helping you out here as well.

There are a few awesome little things in here I'm holding back from sharing until Monday, but I'm very curious if any of you will find them first.

John Davidson | President / Creative Director | Magic Feather Inc.

Return to posts index

Roy Pearson
Re: Keyflow Pro 1.5 - Server Time!
on Apr 12, 2016 at 9:33:54 pm

Good stuff here, glad they added batch relink.

John, do you know if there's a way for KFP to work natively with MXF files (say from Sony FS7)? Seems like it works when you encode previews, but I'd like to avoid the encoding time.

Return to posts index

John Davidson
on Apr 12, 2016 at 10:20:25 pm

Have you tried to create previews with it? It's surprisingly fast.

Return to posts index

Roy Pearson
on Apr 12, 2016 at 11:10:27 pm

Yeah it did seem fast on the test file I tried, so not a dealbreaker.

I'm just curious if there's a workaround to make it work natively, or if that would require changes on Apple's end.

Return to posts index

John Davidson
on Apr 12, 2016 at 11:14:37 pm

You'll be surprised to learn that for many shorter clips (like Rampant design media for example) the preview file is actually smaller than the alias file that points to the original if you don't create a preview - and your preview file will actually play back mxf, avid, photo jpeg qt's. They're actually kind of awesome.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]