Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

John Davidson
Re: KeyFlow Pro
on Apr 1, 2016 at 10:04:09 pm

I am. Apparently I'm giving a presentation on it at FCPWorks. There will be some cool stuff to share. Big update coming very very soon.

John Davidson | President / Creative Director | Magic Feather Inc.

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Apr 2, 2016 at 12:48:26 am

[John Davidson] "Apparently I'm giving a presentation on it at FCPWorks."

Yes, you are John.

I've seen the schedule.

Looking forward to it.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on Apr 14, 2016 at 3:34:15 pm

[John Davidson] "Big update coming very very soon."

It's out as of yesterday. Very nice! It now has (more or less) support for Premiere also, meaning you can in a sense use it as an expensive "XtoCC" (in "Resolve quality", not the actual XtoCC). :-D Very smart move.

Absolutely LOVE the fact that you can now keyword clips and set markers in KFP i.e. they are preserved! Though the fact that you have to set an in and out for it to work seems very odd, unless of course I want to explicitly set a keyword range which is also possible.

Those are the first and foremost new features that I caught. Would LOVE to see a decent, real-world and in-depth demo/tutorial of it all, to be sure not to miss anything. Will your demo be online at any point, John?? Because the complete absence of any such infos is a huge bummer, but is key to using it as judiciously and effectively as possible. Something I'm pretty sure I'm not anywhere close to doing yet.

- RK

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on Apr 14, 2016 at 3:52:50 pm

Okay... just realized that I'm a bit late to the party... damn. Hadn't seen the other thread yet. Oh well! It's still a brilliant update! :-)

Now I just HAVE to figure out the new "server" part of things seeing that it's (already) part of a 12 seat FCP X edit suite! Really excited.

- RK

Return to posts index

John Davidson
on Apr 14, 2016 at 4:32:36 pm

Our FCPWorks presentation should be online after NAB. We're making an effort not to use any footage that we don't have clearance for so they can post it online.

The server elements are great - now you can keyword tag, annotate, and adjust metadata plus a whole lot of other things. The keyword needs an in/out so that the range can be defined in fcpx tagging. Otherwise you can just add a marker in keyflow and it will go to Premiere or FCPX when you crank out an xml.

What I find to be great about Keyflow is that now your metadata lives on outside of your FCPX library, often in the finder level. No more wasted time tagging the heck out of footage and then just forgetting about it. This is especially useful for shoot media that you might reuse later, but it also applies to things like rampant design elements, 3D model libraries, renders, sound effects, etc.

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on Apr 15, 2016 at 9:26:49 am

[John Davidson] "Our FCPWorks presentation should be online after NAB."

Very cool... keep us posted! :)

[John Davidson] "The keyword needs an in/out so that the range can be defined in fcpx tagging."

Yes, if I want a RANGE based keyword that's fine. But if I simply want to keyword (not TAG) an ENTIRE clip, having to first set an in and out seems counter intuitive. That needs to reflect the same way it works in X imho.

[John Davidson] "Otherwise you can just add a marker in keyflow and it will go to Premiere or FCPX when you crank out an xml."

Okay, as far as the XML thing is concerned, that's another thing. I'm trying to wrap my head around WHY, when I try to simply send an existing (either sent or imported) XML from KFP to either FCP X or even PPro or 7, I'm told I need to "select among the video, audio and images" first?? Which of those are relevant to the selected XML are noted in the XML, no? And even if I do select something, only THE MEDIA that I selected shows up in FCP, not the project from the selected XML. What am I missing?? So can I not send a project from X to KFP and then to 7 or CC as I simply assumed was part of the whole new XML support? What am I missing (or misunderstanding)? I have yet to get AN XML over to Premiere or 7. Sending simple MEDIA is not a problem and yes, markers are preserved, which is very cool. Cheers.

- RK

Return to posts index

John Davidson
on Apr 15, 2016 at 4:39:52 pm

[Robin S. Kurz] "if I simply want to keyword (not TAG) an ENTIRE clip, having to first set an in and out seems counter intuitive. That needs to reflect the same way it works in X imho."

Ah, ok, REGULAR keywords are added in the 'info' pane, not in the annotation window. 'Annotation' is for FCPX keyword range tags
and markers. Adding straight up finder keywords is probably the easiest thing about he whole app. Just type or delete additional tags in the tags window on the the right side of the screen.

[Robin S. Kurz] "'m trying to wrap my head around WHY, when I try to simply send an existing (either sent or imported) XML from KFP to either FCP X or even PPro or 7, I'm told I need to "select among the video, audio and images" first?"

The XML keyflow generates can only include information about the files and the data you add to them, not projects. Keyflow doesn't actually create projects for you. It can manage xml's of projects created by FCPX. Basically, it's the equivalent of dragging the files onto the FCPX icon.

That help?

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on Apr 15, 2016 at 5:29:37 pm
Last Edited By Robin S. Kurz on Apr 15, 2016 at 5:53:13 pm

[John Davidson] "Ah, ok, REGULAR keywords are added in the 'info' pane, not in the annotation window."

Erm... okay. So you're saying that "keywords" on entire clips are in fact FINDER tags that then, assuming I remember to select the "Create keywords from Finder tags" option, turn into actual Keywords when imported into FCP? Hmpf... not good. Since that means that with every "Keyword" I create, I'm adding yet another Finder tag to my (already very long) list. Effectively adding up to hundreds if not thousands of Finder tags over time! A no-go imho. Especially since I could essentially make a single keyword for the entire clip (ONLY within FCP and KFP) by hitting i and o at each end... only that is unintuitive and unnecessarily tedious. I'll definitely have to write them about that.

[John Davidson] "Adding straight up finder keywords is probably the easiest thing about he whole app."

Which may be great for some, just not me or my workflow. I use Finder tags for entirely different things and would like to keep them separate and not mix them up.

[John Davidson] "Keyflow doesn't actually create projects for you. It can manage xml's of projects created by FCPX. Basically, it's the equivalent of dragging the files onto the FCPX icon."

Wait... so XMLs within KFP are effectively of no use to me, aside from maybe for archival purposes?? That makes little to no sense to me. I don't get why selecting "Send to FCP X" on an XML doesn't simply act as if I double-clicked it in the Finder... which I can't do, since it's hidden away in the KFP library. I'd have to reveal first, then... no. And that doesn't really explain the confusing error message that I get when I try that and which I still don't know how to interpret either.

Then make it inactive for XMLs? Or at least come up with something more explanatory.

Logically I expect it to open as described. And if I "Send to FCP 7 or CC" for it to convert to legacy XML (e.g. like Resolve or XtoCC, even if not as good), then open either app the same way. *sigh* Clearly got my hopes up too soon.

Oh well. The trials and tribulations of the early adopter I guess! Cheers.

- RK

Return to posts index

John Davidson
on Apr 16, 2016 at 8:27:57 am

When you tag something in FCPX, those tags do not affect the file on the finder level. All your work done on that file via FCPX exists only in FCPX. Keyflow lets you tag files for a more permanent searchable solution - just like finder already does (but better).
There is no way you will end up with 1000 tags on a Finder file.

If you want to open any file right click and select 'open with', and then select Final Cut Pro X from the list. This is identical to Finder's right click option for opening a file. No reveal in finder needed.

'Send to Final Cut Pro X' CREATES an fcpxml file from the selected files you highlight in keyflow. An fcpxml file is not media, it's like a document, and those can't actually be stored 'in' an FCPX Library. The error dialogue should say:

'Keyflow can only send audio, video, and image files as fcpxml.'

I think that it would be pretty magical for it to be able to convert xml files across complex video systems but that's far beyond what this app is designed to do. I'm covering as much as I can Monday. The complexities of Finder Keyword Tags, FCPX Keyword Tags, Keyflow Tagging, etc - it's confusing for everyone. I'll try to help clarify that Monday.

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on Apr 16, 2016 at 11:54:42 am
Last Edited By Robin S. Kurz on Apr 16, 2016 at 11:57:56 pm

[John Davidson] "those tags do not affect the file on the finder level."

Sorry, but I respectfully disagree. In fact that's a feature that Matt Geller explicitly points to in his demos.

Before:

After entering tags in KFP:

[John Davidson] "There is no way you will end up with 1000 tags on a Finder file."

Okay, poorly worded on my end I guess. I didn't mean on the file, but rather in the sidebar of my Finder windows where the tags are listed. I would get a new tag in that list for every new one I assign in KFP, potentially resulting in thousands over time, yes. Again, something I personally would not want to happen. Tags are tags, keywords are keywords. And as I said, it's not like I CAN'T use the keywords as described, it's just tedious and unnecessary imho to have to set an in and out first if it is to be assigned to the entire clip.

[John Davidson] "An fcpxml file is not media, it's like a document, and those can't actually be stored 'in' an FCPX Library."

Once again I'd have to say you're wrong OR we're talking about two different things. Because otherwise, what is this?

… and what is it for, if not to save my edit along side the master when sending to KFP? What, in your view, is in the XML that KFP creates (and stores) if not the edit? In fact, if KP DIDN'T save/archive the edit, then I would say it is near useless for me. But... I know that it does. Like I said, I can have it shown in the Finder and double-click that and it opens as it should in FCP X with my project/edit in tact! (only the media is offline for some odd reason) So why not be able to do that directly? It seems to me, that that is the way is was even imagined to work (and imho make the most sense by far), only it doesn't for some reason.

[John Davidson] "I think that it would be pretty magical for it to be able to convert xml files across complex video systems but that's far beyond what this app is designed to do."

But then that's what both Resolve, XtoCC and others do, no?

[John Davidson] "it's confusing for everyone."

I'm not confused about the functionality per se, I'm just very confused over some of the, imho, illogical implementations. Cheers!

- RK

Return to posts index

John Davidson
on Apr 16, 2016 at 4:35:57 pm

Robin, please read the first part of that sentence again.

"When you tag something in FCPX, those tags do not affect the file on the finder level."

See that first part? I'm talking about FCPX. Of course Keyflow add tags to finder. That's the point of it.

In finder, assign keyword tags to show up in the sidebar of finder preferences.bthats how you keep the list from getting long. The reality is though that Keyflow mostly replaces finder.

I think you're best served by waiting for the presentation to go online.

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on Apr 16, 2016 at 6:23:49 pm

[John Davidson] "Robin, please read the first part of that sentence again. "

Ah, sorry. My bad, yes. All the damn acronyms. Getting myself all mixed up. ;)

[John Davidson] "Of course Keyflow add tags to finder. That's the point of it. "

Yes, I realize that. And that's not a bad thing per se... if that's what you want. Only the whole point arose from my saying that one can't simply keyword an entire clip without the imho (in that case) tedious ins and outs. To which you suggested that that's what the tag are for. My counter-point simply being that that is a very bad substitute.

[John Davidson] "I think you're best served by waiting for the presentation to go online."

I will definitely follow it and let you know. ;-) There are many more aspects of KFP that I'm very curious about and need more infos about. Thanks! Either way, I most definitely think it's a brilliant, if maybe a bit unpolished here and there (anything but unusual for a v1.5 product of course), and unrivaled app in it's feature-set and FCP X integration! Obviously I don't have to even mention the price... ;)

Cheers,
RK

Return to posts index

John Davidson
on Apr 16, 2016 at 6:55:43 pm

[Robin S. Kurz] "To which you suggested that that's what the tag are for. My counter-point simply being that that is a very bad substitute."

I need to think about how to clearly demonstrate the best workflow for what you're trying to acheive. It's annoying when I haven't had coffee (sorry!) but on the other hand demonstrates the overall confusion as to what the App does and doesn't do.

The GREAT thing about this app is the developers are listening - and they're able to make helpful changes very quickly.

FWIW, I haven't been paid by Malgn (keyflow's creator) and am not receiving anything for the trip to NAB. I'm supporting them because I see the promise of this app and want it to succeed. It's filling in some holes in Finder and that's a big deal, IMHO.

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on Apr 16, 2016 at 7:16:39 pm

[John Davidson] "I need to think about how to clearly demonstrate the best workflow for what you're trying to acheive."

Well, from what I'm seeing, the only way is as described: set IN at the very beginning, OUT at the very end, click "Add keyword" or hit KK. That does what I want and need. My point is simply, that one shouldn't have to got through the process of setting the in and out, just as it is in FCP. There I select a clip and hit CTRL + 1-9 for any given keyword. No in or out needed, but optional. With KFP it's not optional.

[John Davidson] "The GREAT thing about this app is the developers are listening"

Very true. And I am also in contact with them, since we have a relatively large installation that I'm trying to implement at my university, that I am obviously very eager to have work out as well as (I'm sure) it can.

[John Davidson] "It's filling in some holes in Finder and that's a big deal, IMHO."

Interesting take. Because I'm not sure which hole in the FINDER it's filling, but certainly which holes from e.g. the EOL'ed FCP SERVER it's filling, aside from the imho VASTLY overpriced MAM market (whether it's generally intended as a different use case or not). I, too, am most definitely interested in it succeeding also! Even with its little quirks (that obviously every app has, especially at such an early stage) I think it is highly promising also. Again, very much looking forward to learning more from your demo! :)

- RK

Return to posts index

John Davidson
on Apr 20, 2016 at 12:27:56 am

They're going to add the ability to FCPX Keyword tag a file without In/out needed. These won't show up on files at the finder level. I have requested they also give FCPX keyword options in Smart Media boxes.

FWIW looking around at NAB there are so many media management applications - and this is the only one on the mac app store and probably the cheapest. Very interesting.

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on Apr 20, 2016 at 7:44:32 am

[John Davidson] "They're going to add the ability to FCPX Keyword tag a file without In/out needed."

Yaaaay!

[John Davidson] "These won't show up on files at the finder level."

No, since that's what of course tags are for, if needed.

[John Davidson] "I have requested they also give FCPX keyword options in Smart Media boxes."

Good idea.

Now if only I could send my existing edit (i.e. FCPXML) directly to FCP 7/PPro CC... Seeing that it's already capable of generating the needed XMLs from scratch, why not also translate? They're already half way there...

[John Davidson] "FWIW looking around at NAB there are so many media management applications - and this is the only one on the mac app store and probably the cheapest. Very interesting."

If they actually went Windows as well and/or figured out a browser version to access it, I'd say they'd tear the market wide open on the low to mid range! I got a quote for various MAMs as I was looking into options and e.g. CANTEMO wanted a mere $20,000... mind you, just for the server side of things. With that I didn't even yet have the "plugins" for each needed NLE. By the time you're actually up and running, with installation, training, hardware (obviously is of no use to you without fibre-channel) etc. etc.... $200K (near $100K even without the hardware). Others were not a whole lot different. Mind blowing. Whilst KFP probably isn't exactly direct competition, they sure opened up the option of some serious media management for "the rest of us".

Have you given the demo yet? Good luck if not... :)

- RK

Return to posts index

John Davidson
on Apr 20, 2016 at 10:40:27 pm

Presentation was Monday. Just got back to work today so i'm a bit wiped out. Fcpxml that points to a few media clips and keywords is vastly simpler than xml that contains project data, generators, titles, etc. When you then convert those XML's to a completely different format for a different NLE, it gets even more complex. And then those applications change their formats for XML processing....it's a constantly moving collection of targets that all have to be maintined to keep that function working. That's why you have XtoCC which costs $50 just for that single feature. However, it's entirely possible for them to be able to focus on extracting data from fcpx xml's (and potentially libraries) that contain all the keywording done inside the libraries. I suspect that will be a 2.0 feature though, because we're talking about a lot of coding that needs to be done and tested before it works right.

I'm going to make a new thread and share some updates.

Return to posts index

Erik Lindahl
on Apr 2, 2016 at 4:12:40 pm

I tried it last fall and it didn't work at all as we hoped for. I might recall it wrong but it I believe it wanted to take far more control over the media than I wanted it to and I believe it didn't really like reading media from our NAS-storage. It felt more like a one-man-band thing than anything else. But I'd love to be proven wrong! :)

Return to posts index

Erik Lindahl
on Apr 2, 2016 at 4:14:43 pm

I also think it couldn't just catalog media from a watch-folder and keep the given folder structure intact on the drives while creative proxies internally for use in KeyFlow Pro.

I might give it another shot one of these days but it seems not to work as we wanted to.

Return to posts index

Erik Lindahl
on Apr 2, 2016 at 4:18:04 pm

Reading their website it seems they might have adressed some of these deal-breakers for us actually.

Version 1.1.0 added support for Run workflow for media which are imported from Watch Folder
Version 1.1.5 added support for External Media

So it might be something we should give another look.

Return to posts index

John Davidson
on Apr 2, 2016 at 5:17:44 pm

I've been helping them for about 6 months. They are very dedicated to making it great and have upgraded and fixed many of the problems I had. We use it for almost all our media now. Some sweet improvements are in the next update which should be out soon.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Apr 3, 2016 at 5:54:13 am
Last Edited By Craig Seeman on Apr 3, 2016 at 2:51:45 pm

Perhaps my concerns are not common but it can't read FCPX Camera Archives. The contents are not understood as video. It also can't see XDCAM EX and XAVC-L clips as video. While it can see the contents of AVCHD as video, it doesn't use the metadata to join the clips.

Return to posts index

John Davidson
on Apr 3, 2016 at 5:22:51 pm

It previews video using AV foundation, so it's viewing capabilities are similar to Finder. FCPX is better suited to preview FCPX Camera archives.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Apr 3, 2016 at 8:03:13 pm

[John Davidson] "FCPX is better suited to preview FCPX Camera archives.
"

Which isn't very helpful when you have to search through 5 years worth of them to find material. Something a media asset management should be able to do.

CatDV can read FCPX Camera Archives. XDCAM family is supported the Calibrated plugins. Granted it costs a bit but at least it's integrated.

Return to posts index

John Davidson
on Apr 3, 2016 at 8:14:57 pm

Keyflow can tag these and make them searchable for you however you want, it just can’t preview them directly. You can open them from within keyflow, which opens the application that manages those particular file types.

To a bigger point, if your current organization method consists of having to mount and open every single camera archive you’ve created in 5 years to find a single shot, you’d definitely be a strong candidate for tagging these files for faster searching to at least help narrow down that process.

Good feedback though. I'll think about that when I prep the presentation.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Apr 4, 2016 at 12:01:26 am

[John Davidson] "To a bigger point, if your current organization method consists of having to mount and open every single camera archive you’ve created in 5 years to find a single shot,"

Just to be clear, I just need proxy clips of my camera archives (FCPX). KFP doesn't create proxies of such regardless of codec. At that point I'd only need to mount what I need to use. Again CATDV does this so I'd how KeyFlow Pro would do the same.

Return to posts index

John Davidson
on Apr 4, 2016 at 1:18:52 am

Actually it can create low res preview files of media so you can review it even if the archive drove is offline

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Apr 4, 2016 at 1:22:34 am

But it can't create proxies from FCPX Camera Archive contents. This even though the files are ProRes (from Blackmagic cameras). Basically it can't see inside the Camera Archive.

Return to posts index

Brett Sherman
on Apr 8, 2016 at 12:32:40 pm

How hard is it to edit with a low-res preview in FCP X and then replace with the original media? Any automated workflow for that? That, and having it on a central server would be the critical components for me to move to cataloging with KeyFlow. I'm not sure how robust the ingesting from camera cards is. That would be important also.

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Apr 8, 2016 at 11:36:32 pm

Ridiculously easy.

But as with most things X, the old paradigm has changed a bit.

If you shoot in something X doesn't have as a "native" codec. (R3d, Uncompressed, etc) that gets imported as Original Footage (Footage pool 1) and stored. You can edit with this pool directly if your system has the power to handle the big file throughput.
If your system doesn't have the grunt - X can do an internal and qualitatively excellent auto-transcode of your Originals to ProRes which is much more efficient for desktop editing - so that's Footage Pool 2.

If you have REALLY complex stuff - lots of multicam or huge composites with intense calculation required -
then you transcode to X's internal Proxy files (another option) which becomes Footage Pool 3.

Switching between ANY of them is trivial. It's also really easy to create a simple workflow where Pool 1 and/or Pool 2 live on your big system - and you take Pool 3 with your laptop on the road. Edit till the cows come home. Then back at the office, hook up to the original pools and flip the switch. All your original footage is referenced and it's exactly like you made all your editing decisions working with your originals.

So it's extremely simple.

The new shared storage systems coming along also allow this switch to happen seamlessly, so it's going to get better and better. And as the RTS and Metronome case studies proved, this can work not just at the desktop level, but at a facilities shared storage level as well.

Basically, X is a very agile system regarding tiered resolution workflows.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on Apr 4, 2016 at 5:18:34 am
Last Edited By Robin S. Kurz on Apr 4, 2016 at 5:28:47 am

[Craig Seeman] "Perhaps my concerns are not common but it can't read FCPX Camera Archives."

Not uncommon, since that is one of my biggest gripes at the moment also, yes. I really don't understand why it can't either, since archives are nothing but FOLDERS, only with a suffix to make them appear as a package on a machine with FCP X installed. It also still doesn't do RED. Big bummer.

But all in all it's an amazing tool for the money. And I am VERY curious to see what they have in store for the next version. Very much hoping for a server version.

- RK

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Apr 4, 2016 at 3:35:35 pm

[Robin S. Kurz] "It also still doesn't do RED. Big bummer."

I think in general they should consider how to handle codecs not part of AVFoundation. Certainly buying plugins is possible. Ideally if there were some way it could access the codecs supported in FCPX or made a license deal with the manufacturers, that would be good even if it were an add on purchase.

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on Apr 4, 2016 at 3:45:55 pm

[Craig Seeman] "Ideally if there were some way it could access the codecs supported in FCPX or made a license deal with the manufacturers"

Why should they have to pay for playback? FCP/Apple doesn't have to either in the case of RED. It's a free plugin. I don't see why it should be such a big deal to simply tie into it. Though I think the standard folder structure and getting it sorted is the difficulty, not the playback itself. But then I really only want/need it to generate proxies for archiving (or even viewing). FCP is where I want the native files (at least optionally) which it could then send. Pretty much as it already does with everything else, too.

- RK

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Apr 4, 2016 at 4:01:02 pm
Last Edited By Craig Seeman on Apr 4, 2016 at 4:36:51 pm

[Robin S. Kurz] "Why should they have to pay for playback? FCP/Apple doesn't have to either in the case of RED. It's a free plugin. I don't see why it should be such a big deal to simply tie into it."

I'd agree.

I'd mention that CatDV does require one to purchase the Calibrated decoders for XDCAM family playback, not that I think that should be the model for KeyFlow Pro. As you note, the plugin is free. Same for XDCAM and XAVC support I believe.

[Robin S. Kurz] "I think the standard folder structure and getting it sorted is the difficulty, not the playback itself"

In my case, unlike Camera Archives, KeyFlow Pro does see the file content of XDCAM and XAVC-L folders directly. It doesn't see them as video though, just data files.

Have you tried pulling out the Redcode media files directly (R3D inside the RDC folder, granted may not be useful in that form but it would be an experiment to see if decoding is the issue)? Are the .Red mov proxies seen inside folder structure?

Return to posts index

John Davidson
on Apr 11, 2016 at 12:29:42 am

[Craig Seeman] "I think in general they should consider how to handle codecs not part of AVFoundation. "

They do actually. The solution is so simple. I'll be showing it off Monday4/18 @ FCP Exchange at 3:45.

There also may be free beer. Maybe.

Return to posts index

Tangier Clarke
on Dec 9, 2016 at 7:05:06 pm

I have been trying to figure out how to connect to a KeyFlow Pro library on a NAS to test it between two computers on the same network. Anyone using it this way? I have not had much success getting any help on this issue. I can connect to it just fine from the computer that I used to create the library, but not from any other computer; using the NAS IP address, my login and password.

The NAS is a Western Digital MyCloud EX2 Ultra.

Return to posts index

John Davidson
on Dec 9, 2016 at 9:31:22 pm

We use this all the time.

Couple of things.

You might want to create a second user account in the library preferences if you have the app open as your primary user.

Also, when you hit CMD+K, or File / Connect to Shared Library, did you try clicking the Globe icon on the right to auto discover any available libraries on the network?

Return to posts index

Tangier Clarke
on Dec 9, 2016 at 10:01:59 pm

I did hit the globe icon. One of the issues is that it has always only shown libraries available on another Mac, never on a NAS.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]