FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to find where a source clip is used?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
inanc tekguc
How to find where a source clip is used?
on Mar 12, 2016 at 9:53:32 am

Hi. Is there a quick way to find where on the timeline a source clip is used?

I am trying to delete an unused compound clip after having finished some subtitle tests, to clear the clutter. A warning message says the compound clip is used and cannot be deleted. I deleted everything from the compound clip but I still cannot delete the CC itself.
So, I tried to find where I used it and remove it from there, but I have several timelines with a lot of clips in them and cannot find it.

I can live with this, but I think knowing how to do this quickly will be useful later on.

Inanc
Visual Anthropologist 'n photographer

Return to posts index

Mathieu Ghekiere
Re: How to find where a source clip is used?
on Mar 12, 2016 at 11:06:42 am

Use the timeline Index?

It's the button on the lower left of the timeline. There you can do a search for a clip, and if you click on it, it will bring you to that spot in the timeline.

Timeline Index = one of FCPX's greatest underrated features.

https://mathieughekiere.wordpress.com

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Mar 12, 2016 at 2:38:30 pm

[Mathieu Ghekiere] "Timeline Index = one of FCPX's greatest underrated features."

Reverse Match Frame = One of FCP X's greatest deficiencies

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on Mar 16, 2016 at 9:49:09 am

Simply "Show Used Media Ranges" via the view menu and flip through any potential projects where it could have been used. If at any point the CC in question gets an orange bar at the bottom, then you know that that is the project in which it is being used. After which you can simply search for it in the timeline index and delete it.

I would suggest using a smart collection to show all "Used" and "Compound", but they unfortunately don't refresh between projects automatically without being reselected each time.

- RK

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]