FORUMS: list search recent posts

In the words of Doc Bones....."He's dead Jim"

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Phil Hoppes
In the words of Doc Bones....."He's dead Jim"
on Jul 3, 2011 at 9:06:19 pm

Seriously people. Give it up. Move on. Let this be a forum for FCPX and quit the bitching posts. Apple is not going to listen to you. They've already kicked you in the ass and told you they don't care about you. Move on to a new solution or find something good about FCPX, use it, and post what you need help with here. No amount of pining, grieving, bitching, complaining is going to bring it back. I'm off to PP tutorials. I returned my copy of FCPX and Apple gave me a refund. Time for much better things to spend my time on. Last post here as I've no reason to revisit this topic, at least for the near future that I can see.

Return to posts index

Scott Sheriff
Re: In the words of Doc Bones....."He's dead Jim"
on Jul 3, 2011 at 9:15:22 pm

Not happening

Scott Sheriff
Director
http://www.sstdigitalmedia.com

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." ---Red Adair

Where were you on 6/21?

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Jul 3, 2011 at 9:22:35 pm

[Phil Hoppes] "I returned my copy of FCPX and Apple gave me a refund. "

Liar. liar, pants on fire!!!

So, please tell us exactly how this "return" was accomplished Phil?

Did you send upload your copy back to the App Store? Did you get an RMA and drop it in the mail? Perhaps you did a rain dance and magically sent it back to the iCloud?

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

Don't miss my new tutorial: Prepare for a seamless transition to FCP X and OS X Lion
http://library.creativecow.net/weiss_roth_david/FCP-10-MAC-Lion/1

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums.

Return to posts index

Phil Hoppes
on Jul 3, 2011 at 9:45:14 pm

Ok, one more post in defense of myself. Here is my exact reply I including my original email to AppStore support. Names and account numbers have been redacted for security and privacy purpose. Given my full name posts on this web site I saw no reason to remove that. Credit given were credit is due, my contact at the Apple AppStore was prompt, courteous and professional.

"Move along, nothing here, these aren't the droids were looking for"

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
My Original request and response from Apple
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hello Phil,

XXXXXXXX, here from the iTunes Store. I would first like to apologize for the delay in responding to your inquiry.
This is certainly not the customary wait time for a reply from iTunes Store Customer Support. We have been experiencing
higher than expected volumes, and your patience is greatly appreciated. If you require any further assistance after
reading this email please respond and let me know. Your response will go straight to the top of my inbox and will
be given top priority!

I understand that the Apps "Final Cut Pro, Motion 5, and Compressor 4", that you purchased on your iTunes
account "YYYYYYYYYYY",are unusable for a professional video editor. I'm sorry to hear they are not functioning
as expected. When it comes to your money, I can certainly appreciate how important it is to feel that you are
treated fairly, and I would be more than happy to help you out with this today.

I am happy to advise you that I have refunded you for these purchases.

In five to seven business days, a credit of $XXX.YY should be posted to the credit card that appears on the receipt for that purchase.

I have included the following:

Steps outlined in this article resolve many common issues with Mac apps:

Troubleshooting the Mac App Store
http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3624

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you, as we do value you as an iTunes customer. I hope you have a great day.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXXXX
iTunes Store Customer Support

Please note my hours for this week are:
Sunday to Saturday 12:30 PM - 9:00 PM (EST)

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you. You may receive an AppleCare email; any feedback you provide would be greatly appreciated.

Customer First Name : Phil
Customer Last Name : Hoppes
email : fooooooooo.com
Web Order # : XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Support Subject : Mac App Store Account and Billing
Sub Issue : undefined
Comments : See additional info below
OS version: Mac OS X 10.6.7
Apple ID: fooooooooo.com
Specific request: This app didn't function as expected
Item title: Final Cut Pro X
Details: Also orders XXXXXXXXX and XXXXXXXXXXX. I purchased FCPX on Tuesday and Motion 5 and Compressor 4 on Wednesday.
This software is horrible. I have been an avid supporter of Apple and in particular a FCP user for close to 5 years.
I've been buying Apple hardware and software for much longer. I purchased this product basically on faith and your pre announced hype. This software is unusable for a professional video editor. I worked with it and the list of its
shortcomings are to long to list here. Yesterday, I made edits, quit and then opened and my edits were gone.
I couldn't save my changes when I quit because there is no save menu item with this software. It does not work. Period.
I would like a full refund of my purchase. I have already deleted this from my hard drive and have no plans to
ever download it again.

TrackID: xxxxxxxxxxxx

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Jul 3, 2011 at 9:52:34 pm

Jeeze, all you had to do was write that you deleted the file Phil.

I was teasing you because you said you had "returned" it.

However, there is an argument some might make (not I, of course) that by dropping FCP X into the trash, you "returned" it to the place where it rightfully belongs.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

Don't miss my new tutorial: Prepare for a seamless transition to FCP X and OS X Lion
http://library.creativecow.net/weiss_roth_david/FCP-10-MAC-Lion/1

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums.

Return to posts index

Glen Hurd
on Jul 4, 2011 at 1:32:09 am

We could leave this forum . . . but what to do for spontaneous mirth?!

Ah, well. The week-end's almost over.

Oh, btw, here's a link to a video that would be perfect for FCP X - no cuts!

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=ZPjjZCO67WI&vq

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jul 5, 2011 at 3:02:55 pm

"I understand that the Apps "Final Cut Pro, Motion 5, and Compressor 4", that you purchased on your iTunes account "YYYYYYYYYYY",are unusable for a professional video editor. I'm sorry to hear they are not functioning as expected."

Emphasis mine... this is verbatim from Apple?

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Phil Hoppes
on Jul 5, 2011 at 6:25:25 pm

Yep, that is the message verbatim. I only x'ed out account names, amounts and email address. Understand, the iTunes representative is some person working in a cubical and only was parroting my statement and I believe was simply being courteous, not making a statement on Apple Inc. position.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]