FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP X to Adobe Audition

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Mathis
FCP X to Adobe Audition
on Mar 5, 2016 at 8:19:51 pm

I am considering adding Audition to the mix. Just a few quick questions before making a rent decision.
How does Audition treat roles? What other software will be necessary to make sure everything gets transferred over correctly?

Return to posts index

Scott Witthaus
Re: FCP X to Adobe Audition
on Mar 5, 2016 at 9:56:48 pm

Logic doesn't cut it for you?

Scott Witthaus
Senior Editor/Post Production Supervisor
1708 Inc./Editorial
Professor, VCU Brandcenter

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Mar 6, 2016 at 1:08:44 am

I do not Logic at the moment, just exploring my options. I will consider Logic. What hardware based mixer would be compatible? Looking at something from Mackie. Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
on Mar 6, 2016 at 6:44:47 am

[David Mathis] "I will consider Logic. What hardware based mixer would be compatible? Looking at something from Mackie. Thanks in advance."

Logic does pretty much any control surface, I imagine audition does too. To get Roles to Audition you'll need X2Pro as it doesn't support fcpxml. Or X to CC, but you'll lose the roles, it'll come in as it does in Pr.

-------------------------------------------------------------

~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Mar 6, 2016 at 5:27:28 pm

Any of these software mixers (Logic, Audition) work without any external audio mixer. It just depends on your monitoring needs.

First, you need some sort of audio I/O device. This can be an AJA or BMD card or it can be as simple as an Audiobox USB from Presonus that works off of core audio. If you want to output multiple isolated tracks, you need something more advanced, like one of the Apogee units. The Audiobox gives you dual mono or stereo in and out.

From there you may want to add a small external mixer, like a small Mackie. However, this is only a volume control and little else. If you want to do mixing in the software with external hardware controlling the software, then you need a control surface, which is a lot more expensive. Mackie has made those, too. You'll have to see what's available, but it requires a driver for that software. My guess is that there are more options for Logic than for Audition.

Depending on how deep you want to go, you may need all three of these items - I/O, small external mixer, and control surface.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]