FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor does not write a new file

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Hughes
Compressor does not write a new file
on Feb 26, 2016 at 5:55:40 pm

When I make changes to an FCPX project that I have recently exported through Compressor, then try to rewrite a new file, Compressor creates a file, but it is a copy of the previous version. The write is very quick and creates an exact copy of the previous version. I have tried quitting out of Compressor and FCP, writing to different folders, renaming, etc. and it still happens.

This doesn't always happen, but often enough to be really annoying. I'm well aware of some workarounds, but I would like to know if anyone can shed any light on why this is happening and how to avoid it. Why would it even be possible for Compressor to copy an old file rather than write a new one based on the current project???

This problem has been happening to me for the last few versions of Compressor. This happens on my MacPro and my iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015) with El Capitan (10.11.3). I'm on Compressor 4.2.2 and FCP 10.2.3.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Compressor does not write a new file
on Feb 27, 2016 at 12:33:39 am

Is the drive you are exporting to a locally connected hard drive or is it shared across a network? Could be a permissions issue.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops

Return to posts index

Loren Risker
on Feb 27, 2016 at 11:17:14 pm

This sort of sounds like render issues I get sometimes. I remember when FCPX first came out, one of the first things I love over the old version was how good it was at keeping render files which cut way down on render times. But then it turned out to be a little too efficient, sometimes playing the old rendered version instead of reflecting the changes I had just made.

I bet if you delete your project render files next time this happens, it'll clear it up.

-------------
OutOfFocus.TV - Original series, music videos, mini-docs.

Return to posts index

Claude Lyneis
on Mar 1, 2016 at 5:55:59 am

I had the same issue. I compressed the file a second time and it worked correctly producing an new version.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]