FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP X vs Premiere Pro CS6 ???

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken Bennett
FCP X vs Premiere Pro CS6 ???
on Feb 19, 2016 at 8:01:25 pm

I'm looking for a new NLE since I'm about done with Sony Vegas. Tell me why I should go with FPC X over PP CS6? I am not going to pay a monthly subscription for Adobe CC. I do everything from weddings and events to video biographies, promotional & marketing video, photo montages etc.

Thanks in advance.

Ken Bennett
Video Adventures
Capturing Your Life's Adventures!

Return to posts index

Claude Lyneis
Re: FCP X vs Premiere Pro CS6 ???
on Feb 20, 2016 at 12:43:06 am

Maybe if you read through the FCPX or not Forum next door you can find an answer. I am happy with X and not having to pay a monthly fee, but the debate rages on. Either FCPX or PP have the power and tools to meet your business needs. You will need to do some tutorials to get up to speed with FCPX, since it is truly different than FCP7 or probably VEGAS, but once into it you will find it very solid.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Feb 20, 2016 at 1:41:14 am

You've kinda already answered your own question:

"I am not going to pay a monthly subscription for Adobe CC"

Then you won't be going Premiere, as the non-subscription version no longer exists.

"I'm looking for a new NLE since I'm about done with Sony Vegas."

Vegas is PC only so if you're on a Windows machine you're not going Final Cut Pro X either as it's Mac OS X only.

My suggestion if you meant you are getting a Mac and open to a subscription because why else ask about Premiere/FCPX, then I recommend trying out the free demos of either/both and decide for yourself.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Feb 20, 2016 at 2:35:30 am

I do like FCP X though there is room for improvement. Keyframing is the first thing to come to mind. You might want to look at Resolve, the free version might meet your needs. On the other hand, X is a very powerful tool. Thete are lots of resources for understanding the software. One of the great things about X are roles.

Let us know how things progress.

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on Feb 20, 2016 at 3:16:02 am

[Ken Bennett] " Tell me why I should go with FPC X over PP CS6?"

Because PP CS6 is nearly 4yrs old and dead as a doornail. If you want to stay PC then you can also look at Avid and possibly even Resolve and Lightworks.

Return to posts index

Mike Smith
on Feb 20, 2016 at 11:39:30 am

Another Windows option to consider might be Edius
https://www.grassvalley.com/products/edius_pro_8

Return to posts index

Alan Lacey
on Feb 21, 2016 at 12:07:19 pm

Absolute no-brainer. Use Edius - PC but runs well on a mac. Bags of real time

XdcamEx & HD, C300, DSLRs, all sorts of production & post gear and a very untidy desk. On the East Coast of the UK

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]