FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting individual clips based on roles

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Mathis
Exporting individual clips based on roles
on Feb 19, 2016 at 3:30:42 am

Not sure how to phrase this question. I know it is possible to export XML over to Resolve to render out individual clips. I would like to know if this possible to do this based on roles. In other words, I want to only to export all B roll footage as individual clips not a single self contained movie, nothing else. Is this possible?

Return to posts index

Paul Golden
Re: Exporting individual clips based on roles
on Feb 19, 2016 at 4:56:23 am

Are you asking if you can export just the b-roll without having the primary storyline footage? Resolve, AFAIK, does not recognize roles from XML and just puts secondary material on its own track. You can reference the original source clips in Resolve without having to correct a baked movie.

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Feb 19, 2016 at 4:08:37 pm

Thank you, the answer I was looking for.

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Feb 19, 2016 at 4:12:26 pm

All that I would need then is an XML, nothing else.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Feb 19, 2016 at 2:42:04 pm

This?

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Feb 20, 2016 at 12:16:20 am

Bret, I don't think David wanted baked clips but individual clips via xml but limited to specific roles. That method makes baked a clip and transcodes it.

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Feb 20, 2016 at 12:24:15 am

I guess the only method would be to create events in place of the roles and group all the interview footage into one with everything else in the correct category. String them out, do an XML then to Resolve. Mainly would do this to share entire unedited raw footage to share with others. Perhaps time to get some training as to avoid me making idiot posts like this one. :-)

Tim, how about a basic forum?

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Feb 20, 2016 at 12:31:08 am

[David Mathis] "
Tim, how about a basic forum?
"

For Resolve? Got it right here.

Although this doesn't sound that basic. :-)

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Feb 26, 2016 at 5:47:01 pm

Thats anything but basic!

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Feb 26, 2016 at 5:55:20 pm

Well, it makes multiple baked clips. Which I thought was worth sharing as it might have fit his dilemma. Did you watch the video? Pretty cool to have it output multiple video clips based on roles. So you can export your video multiple times, each only showing the footage containing that role(s). If you were doing roles like many do, broll, gfx, background, titles, video, etc. then you could easily reconstruct a timeline without needing all the original media. Possibly. Video isn't as simple as audio in that regard but I may add this to my final outputs of a project. Outputting a multichannel master instead of Stereo has also been added. All cool stuff I'm not sure any other NLE can do.

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Feb 26, 2016 at 8:48:12 pm

Did watch the video and thanks for the tip! It is super duper cool and learned a great deal from that video. I migrate to the COW first, then watch the Ripple Training videos. I guess you can say I am biased in that regard. LOL

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]